cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage quality dropped

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have a good strong signal and reliable data on my SGS2 until around June of last year.  I live near North East Leeds just to see if anyone else locally has experienced the same issue?

Tested both indoor and outdoors (incoming/outgoing calls and SMS, voicemail and accessing the net). Where I used to have full bars and H+. Now I'm lucky to get 2 bars and it fluctuates between G and H.

Voice quality has dropped and data is hit and miss at best.

I've called o2 a number of times but they state there's nothing wrong with their hardware and it's my handset that's faulty.

I've tested with various new SIM cards (all ordered through o2's telephone customer service) on different handsets (unlocked and o2 locked), all to no avail.

I was posting in a different thread but I thought I'd start my own and see what's what.  It was mentioned in a different thread that o2 may have been sharing a mast with another provider and o2 has since then decided to drop off said mast?

I've been checking the 'Status' page on a regular basis and I'm yet to see it say there's anything wrong in my area.

Any information would be helpful.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

You can check to find out the location of your nearest masts here.

The idea that a mast have been decommissioned sounds viable.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

You can check to find out the location of your nearest masts here.

The idea that a mast have been decommissioned sounds viable.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 2