cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluebook, when will it be back online?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am unable to get to my bluebook page. It says it's off for the weekend for maintaince.
I need to get to it for work reasons but it's still not on.. Does anyone know what's going on??
Message 1 of 119
118 REPLIES 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
well at last 02 ... you got it sorted :womanindifferent:
Message 101 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI IM ON MY BLUEBOOK NOW ITS BACK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Message 102 of 119

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I have followed this thread and as a lot of you are using the service not as a backup (which is what it is marketed as https://www.o2.co.uk/explore/bluebook?d ... ction=join SAYS BACKUP ) but as a full online addressbook I think that a service like google sync or similar would be a better solution.

Yes I use it also but do not rely on Bluebook as my sole provider of contacts storage.

I use Outlook on pc which syncs to Iphone and that syncs to google sync I also occasionly use the syncml programme for the iphone to sync to bluebook but I would never use the service for business purposes used as a backup for sms mainly before the iphone on my p990i.

And yes I know that the iphone is designed like this but most modern phones have the ability to save contacts to a pc / mac based programme.

I am also not defending O2 here and yes it has been handled in a bad way but there are other solutions to the Contact issue experianced by a lot on this thread.

I Hope this will help others to find an alternative mainline solution whilst using the Bluebook as its intended purpose a Backup solution.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 103 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
:robotindifferent: yesterday i had all my messages on bluebook, this morning they have all gone but a few, 02 what have you done to 99% of my messages ... what have you done :robotindifferent: :robotindifferent: :robotindifferent:
Message 104 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im have no Inbox messages in january 😞
Message 105 of 119

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
No problems here for jan txt or mms all showing
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 106 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
arnt you the lucky one ... grin
Message 107 of 119

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94137 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
I have no problems connecting to Bluebook apart from the odd 'bluebook is busy'. I just refresh the page and it loads up fine. I have no missing texts or contacts.

I'm with Adam, here. I use bluebook as a back up, not as my main source of storing contacts etc. It works great but if it goes down you need to access information differently. All my data is backed up on my PC and also USB drive. Bluebook is a really useful tool but that's all it is. Every one needs to have another source for vital info.

It was down so long and nothing was coming from O2. If this happens again, I hope O2 will issue positive information on their home page with a realistic time for future access and not a vague message on Bluebook.
Message 108 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
peeps it said on the message the site was down for repair im no genious wouldnt that meen it could have had security issues and wouldnt it be better they took it down if that was the case ?? i dont think they would have pulled the site down purely for fun peoples security and privacy are paramount
Message 109 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I posted the following, I hadn't yet discovered this forum and discovered the extent of feeling amongst customers about the state of Bluebook - here it is for your amusement and / or information, whichever you deem valid:

"What is happening on Bluebook?
I came over to O2 in December; one of the selling points was bluebook and text storage - texting is part of my life blog. First thing I discover is that the Blueblog is no longer active - great shame. Now come the beginning of February, I find all the messages in my Bluebook inbox from late December and all of January, which, I hasten to add are no longer on my phone, have DISAPPEARED! And only a few of the sent messages are there, to say nothing of a whole load of older messages (which again I add are now deleted from my phone), that I sent to 40202 (uploaded to Bluebook) are missing as well!

Now, I'm a realist and know that someone at O2 is going to tell me something like "we cannot guarantee the security of your data with this 'free' web based service" BUT, considering those authorities who have been raving about O2's customer service (another reason I came over to O2), I am VERY disappointed that someone in the Customer Service empire at O2 did not think think to tell us in advance the facts - which, after much pressing and questioning, I eventually gleaned from some long-suffering young lady in your customer services billing area, bless her - that you had just spent weeks 'upgrading' the system! IF you had informed your customer base of this, in advance, at least we could take our own measures to protect our own data. Instead I have now lost a chunk of my own particular life-blog. And I am angry!

I should be grateful for a reply from someone in reasonable authority - and I mean authority of knowledge as well as management!"
UNQUOTE
Message 110 of 119