cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 LandLine?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So o2 provide many ranges of communications, but no landline service. I am currently with BT, and they are such an awful company its untrue. They told me when I signed up, that I will be expected to pay roughly about £17 p/m for landline and package. This package includes free calls, days nights and weekends. My bill came in (for the quarter) at nearly £300! We dont even use the phone! So I have had to pay £70p/m for the last 3 months to reduce the bill.

We only went with BT so I could get o2 broadband.

Life would be so much easier (and cheaper) if o2 provided a landline service. What do other people think?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Yes I agree. A land-line package would complete the service.

Have you checked your BT bill? I'm on option 2 and never spend more than £22 a month, and I do use the phone. They can't be charging you that much for nothing.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah we go through it everytime, and everytime there is numbers/locations we dont even know..when we try to contest it with BT, they just say "its on your bill, so somebody has called them from your line".

If it happens again, we have decided to refuse payment and ask BT to investigate the problem.

C`mon O2, roll out a landline service pleeeeeeeease grin
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I couldn't agree more! BT need companies to fight against so this would be ideal.

I've just signed for the free evenings and weekend calls so hope mine won't be high as this tariff's for one year. It shouldn't be as I don't think we've used it at all. I prefer to either email or use my mobile if it's within my tariff.
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah we go through it everytime, and everytime there is numbers/locations we dont even know..when we try to contest it with BT, they just say "its on your bill, so somebody has called them from your line".
If it happens again, we have decided to refuse payment and ask BT to investigate the problem.
C`mon O2, roll out a landline service pleeeeeeeease grin

Possible scenarios:

a)hardware hax
Ask for technician to investigate external sockets,external wiring etc.It's not common these days for neighbour "tampering" but who knows?Sometimes "skilled" technician is able to connect your wiring to next door flat.

Btw I rent 1 bed flat and I got 5 phoneline sockets . LOL
Two from BT ,other probably from cable provider.

b)BT database errors (billing)
Make sure they got your correct customer details (customer landline number,customer number etc) these days every billing system has it's own way of life.Everything is possible.I had old account still active and sticked to new one.Can anyone tell why?Anyway its sorted

c)always make sure you know the price for special,extra super duper phone number you want to call.
Some calls (gold,silver,extra,special super duper ETC numbers) prices per minute may vary very drastically not to mention connection fee can always make your happy.
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are rolling out o2 landline in the new year!
Message 6 of 20

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
This service is available now but seems to be for business users only:

http://www.o2.co.uk/sme/businessservice ... ine/prices

Have you heard any announcements about personal lines?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
As stated above landlines are rolling out to consumer in early 2010
Message 8 of 20

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Where have you seen this published?

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
it hasnt been published to the public yet
Message 10 of 20