cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been a customer for almost 17 years & they can't match a deal offered by a rival network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite disgusted really, I don't believe for a second that they can't drop a few pounds off a tariff if they wanted to.. I will be going to Vodafone for the new Iphone 6. I've been a very loyal customer - always paid my bills by direct debit etc & they can't be bothered to try to price match for me 👎

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Competition is a fact of business economics and let's be fair, when customers think they can get a better deal elsewhere they vote with their credit or debit cards. It is not wholly realistic to expect an organisation to always "buy" our custom.

Gerry

Totally agree Gerry - Go down the wrong road and you'll be paying customers to take a contract before long.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 11 of 16

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I couldn't see a Vodafone tariff that beat o2 if I'm honest.
Which deal was it?

Possibly offered through a 3rd party?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If O2 were willing to price match it's absolutely certain they wouldn't do it on the iphone 6 or 6+. They can sell these by the ship load and can't get enough. People are falling over themselves to get their hands on them so it's understandable O2 would want to make as much profit as possible on each unit.

If buyers are queueing up they won't miss us loyal customers.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair point @jonsie    But also bear in mind that in giving some customers a "special" deal O2 is being somewhat "disloyal" to the vast majority of its customers who simply pay the advertised prices without any haggling. 

Gerry 

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Tvalley 27

Of course you are free to purchase from whichever retailer is appropriate for you.

If changing networks please try out payg sims for your preferred network to ensure signal where you most use your phone. Please don't rely on online checkers.
Message 16 of 16