cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful experience with o2 insure - on phone waitlist???

Bella1324
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just over three weeks ago, I accidentally dropped my iPhone 13 Pro and the top right-left corner has cracked (not a big crack but I use my phone all the time for work). I immediately called o2 to make a claim as my insurance covers ALL damage, theft or loss to it. I was told there were no replacement phones in stock or alternatives they could provide me. After a bit of back and forth, the guy from o2 actually said he'll look for the iPhone 13 PRO MAX for me (this phone is better than an alternative) so I agreed. Next thing you know that it is also out of stock. So in his words "he couldn't do anything more for me. apart from putting me on the waitlist." 

I call o2 insure back 10 days later and find I was not put on the waitlist and my complaint had been logged but not properly addressed. I was then assured that this time, I was on the waitlist for a phone. It has been a week and a half since that conversation and had ZERO updates from o2.

I have been a customer of o2 for 30 years and have only ever put in a claim ONCE throughout. I cannot believe how awful and pathetic the customer service has been. I feel so let down by O2. I have paid tens of thousands of pounds in the last 30 years to them (AND I am willing to pay a £90 premium to just get a new phone asap, despite the fact I pay full insurance EVERY month). I cannot wait to get out of my contract and never deal with these jokers again.

FYI I am sending this from my other o2 account.. just in case o2 looks into this and doesn't recognise my name (Though I can pretty much guarantee they won't)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36443 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

You're right, nobody from O2 will really care about what their customers type here on the Forum, @Bella1324.

All the info in here you probably know: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-insurance

O2 does not have a live stock tracking or management system, so it is unsurprising to see this happening repeatedly, eg: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-insure-phone-waiting-list/m-p/1489149/h...

All I can suggest is keeping in touch with the helpline until you see some progress, @Bella1324.

Message 2 of 2