Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

According the BBC News and probably Reuters....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31794823

The Apple Watch will range from £260 to over £10,000 depending on the materials used for the construction. I for one, as some people might know like to or would like to own expensive watches which are a worthy investments.

There's been a kerfuffle on G+ about it and I noticed some random insanity quotes in the Cult of Mac groupee section. If someone earns enough money to buy such luxury then fair enough although Joe Bloggs in the street shouldn't even consider getting themselves in debt for such a little reward if you ask me.

OK lets put it another way, would you pay £1,000 for an Android smartwatch with steel bracelet, sapphire crystal glass and full functionality in line with your Google account. Or would your life feel complete if you had a 18 ct. gold solid bracelet and no other benefits than the usual Apple Watch? I would feel cheated for one although I would buy one and bid it up for a higher price if I thought if was a wise investment.

Thoughts? Analogies? Conspiracies? Pringles?

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Potato slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 60

anticpated
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Ready Salted?!

But to be serious, any real thoughts....

Message 3 of 60

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125960 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I will stick with my Gucci watch. I have no need for anything else on my wrist other than something that looks classy....and tells the time wink

I have no time for anything that 'monitors your heath' ....I doubt many people know how to interpret the results of anything medical anyway. ....Not being facetious....just stating facts...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 60

anticpated
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

That's an interesting point...

I could partially tell you what a 3d graphic driver does but a gamer just wants to frag something off the screen.

Message 5 of 60

anticpated
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

By the way, I'll be the one in Tag Huerer foyer drooling uncontrolably.

Message 6 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 125960 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

That's an interesting point...

I would expect anyone with an athletic background or interest to be able to monitor heart rate with some level of understanding. Anyone else though? Not so much.....

Yes they could read it of course.....but interpret unusual results...I don't think so.

(In the same way I have no idea about a '3D graphic driver fragging something off the screen' ) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 60

anticpated
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

3D Graphics is just clever mathematical routines being processed by a dedicated math processor called a GPU/VPU. These days the processors have many separate cores which make up a symmetrical process by dividing the tasks between the various units upon the GPU/VPU unit such as Vectors, Tesselation, Shading, Texture and Lighting, Pixel Shaders and various other tasks being carried out isosynchronously

But apart from that it's pretty basic stuff. Confused

Message 8 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 125960 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

3D Graphics is just clever mathematical routines being processed by a dedicated math processor called a GPU/VPU. These days the processors have many separate cores which make up a symmetrical process by dividing the tasks between the various units upon the GPU/VPU unit such as Vectors, Tesselation, Shading, Texture and Lighting, Pixel Shaders and various other tasks being carried out isosynchronously

But apart from that it's pretty basic stuff. Confused

Oh good....Astounded

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 60

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Spent £400 on a 8800GTX
Bang for buck back then, they were a steal.
Message 10 of 60