Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Service

SallyP66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had to change my number on police advice, I asked o2, could I change - yes no problem but need a new sim.  So I asked could my old pay monthly number be ported to a payg sim so I could keep it until all my contacts were notified - again told yes no problem. 

o2 have LOST my original number, I'm stuck in a new contact with a crap coverage, sent TWO complaint emails to CEO office, neither have been responded to.  Have posted on X - again no response.  I'm stuck in a contract with a phone that has almost ZERO coverage !!  No complaints responded to - its a complete joke 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23532 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@SallyP66 The details of your contacts would not be on your sim. They will be backed up on Google or in the cloud if you have an iPhone. It's unlikely that your number would have been reassigned so quickly. It's probably still out there, if you can find the right person from customer service to retrieve it for you. See the guide below:

How to find help & contact O2: A Guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7544 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@SallyP66 

It is currently taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints, so depending when you lodged your formal complaint, an outcome might still be in the pipeline. If O2 do not respond, escalation is detailed in :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

As far as your network coverage is concerned, these might help :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

My Network App - Find Out More About Your Network Coverage | Apps | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Please keep us updated on developments. 👍

Message 3 of 3