Did you mean: 

Absolutely appalling customer service

LeeA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, 

With deep regret I took a contract out (sim only) with 02 in October 2022. While talking with the sales person I asked a direct question - “does the tariff include calls to and from Spain at the standard rate” . I was advised yes it did I therefore proceeded to take out the contract, I found out several months later this was not the case. 

I have tried calling the customer services team numerous times receiving assurances they will arrange for a manager to call me back and it simply doesn’t happen. 
most recently I called 31.12.23 @ 12.29 speaking with Hajar in the retentions team who said there was no manager available and they would call back within 24 hours. Did it happen NO. 

I called again today at 13.27 speaking with Hasain who also assured me a manager would call me between 2.20 & 2.25 . Did this happen NO. 
I have yet again called back at 3:16 speaking to Richie in the retentions team. He now advised it could take another 24 hours before I get a call. 

How is can this be allowed to go on?? 
I asked a direct question on the basis of the information provided to me I entered into verbal contract, however whenever I try to talk to someone at 02 the company totally ignores me. What an absolute joke and disgrace. 

Companies like this should face penalties for treating customers so poorly. 

god dam joke! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10316 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

@LeeA 

The person you spoke to probably though you meant whilst in Spain, as no network offers you calls to and from Spain (unless roaming).. 

Unless you can prove o2 told you that then it will be a case of he said, they said, and to be honest so many people try this on, I am not surprised you are getting short shrift. 

The only way is to see if o2 can pull the call, and the only way you are going to be able to do that is to put in a SAR request to o2. 

Not sure what the retentions team are going to do about it, as they deal with contract renewals. 

And why has it taken you over 12 months to raise this to o2, as that goes against you... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23270 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

@LeeA This won't resolve your current complaint, but if you want to avoid call charges to Spain in the future, both you and the people you're calling should download WhatsApp. Calling, texting, and video calls over a WiFi connection to other WhatsApp users is free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6640 Posts
  • 121 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@LeeA 

You have not mentioned lodging a formal complaint, but in these circumstances, I suggest that you do :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I cannot guarantee that a complaints' handler will find in your favour and, as @madasaf1sh has alluded to, there are factors that O2 might rely on in not upholding your complaint. However, a complaint will at least give you finality and stop the circle of events that you have described. 

To investigate a complaint and let you have a written decision is currently taking O2 about eight weeks, so please do not expect a quick outcome. 

Please keep us updated on developments.  

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Your complaint has no basis

Why would you even think international calls were included in your tariff?

And it took over 12 months for you to find out....come on!!

Message 5 of 5