cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A MAST NEAR YOU ISN'T WORKING

Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter lives less than 4 miles away from me but it may as well be the other side of the moon.  For more than a week now the O2 Live Status Check shows the following for her Postcode:-

Live results for BT27 x??, County Down

•  Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area. 

That really is not very helpful at all.  What is needed is an indication of when repair work will be carried out and how long it is likely to be before normal service is restored. 
    What is the best way to get up to date and reliabkle information from O2 as regards network problems? 

Gerry
Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 313 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

that is it o2 will not provide further information on timescales.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev... i explain why there

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately O2 do not give time frames on repairs etc.

You could keep a log of the dates and request a GWG when it's back up and running.

Keep checking the service status for up to date info like you are and keep re booting the phone to establish connection.
Message 2 of 36

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 313 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

that is it o2 will not provide further information on timescales.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev... i explain why there

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you AdamTemp4 and BandofBrothers for your replies.  I just cannot believe that organisations like O2 can get away with such contempt for their customers time after time.   We all know that repair times are often affected by a variety of circumstances - but knowing what the problem is helps reasonable customers (like me - yes I am a reasonable person) to have a modicum of patience.  Being fobbed off with silence and a general  "couldn't care less" attitude is surely not the best way to promote a company.

Gerry

Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your very welcome.

I hope your services return as swiftly as possible.

Take care.
Message 5 of 36

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 313 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Gerry

Understand the frustration.

O2 were the first to actually have a propper live status page (i think vodafone may have the same now not sure about the others)

Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know what you did BoB - but the live status checker says it is working now but planned maintenance will be carried out next weekend. Strange they will say when maintenance is planned but keep silent about when repairs will be carried out.
Message 7 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought positive thoughts for you.

wink
Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good - keep at it!! Have you tried to sell your technique to O2?
Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol.

Good idea.

wink

Hope all goes ok for you with your current situation.
Message 10 of 36