cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery reports

Anonymous
Not applicable
do o2 do delivery reports when sending a text message to let you know the other person received it :robotmad: please help its driving me crazy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
O2 don't support delivery reports. The only way to get a delivery report is to start your message with *0# and then your message and send in the normal way.
Hope this helps
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got to admit is a pretty basic feature that 02 dont support !
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 is the only network in the UK doesn't provide the "delivery report" feature. And O2 is a biggest UK network in terms of subscribers... what a shame... :robotmad:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Other networks charge for it though, it does cost the network because in a sense its another text message being sent so they can either offer it free and put up the price for everyone to cover it or charge you for each one you recive. Orange charge 1p per delivery report, so if you only send 1000 per month thats an extra £10 on your bill there!
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The networks make enough revenue to warrant such a standard basic service of confirming a text has been received.
I also use virgin which piggy backs onto t mobile as a virtual network and receive delivery reports free.
Its shameful that a network would even consider charging for a delivery report !
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just joined 02 from Orange. Can't believe they don't do message delivery confirmation! Just had an online chat with 02 and they weren't aware of this and said it was my phone!

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I don't think O2 will ever introduce a delivery report system. Even when using *0#  a delivery report does not verify that a message has been read.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 145954 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
Some phones will provide delivery reports regardless of network (My HTC One and S3 do) but it's no guarantee the text has been read, as jonsie says......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 9