cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Guide To O2 Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable
How does the Refresh plan work?

Your tariff is split into two plans, the first part is your Device Plan.

This is the cost of the device or handset you have chosen, the cost of the phone or tablet will be a set amount each month which will cover the entire cost of your chosen device spread over 24 months. You can then choose to continue paying the device plan every month all the way through the 24 month.

If you want a new handset or device at any point throughout your minimum term then all you have to do to upgrade is to pay off the remainder of the total cost of your handset or device in full then you can choose a new device & a tariff of your choosing then you will start a new 24 month cycle.

If you are new to O2 refresh then you will need a credit check, to make sure there are no issues but if you are upgrading from an existing refresh tariff or you have used speed to refresh then you won't need a new credit check, they will just update your tariff on their systems.

Once you've paid off the device it's yours to do with as you wish & your bill automatically halves which means you will only be paying the airtime plan.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/upgrades/o2-refresh-explained

Your second plan is called the Airtime Plan

This is a set amount each month that you pay for a certain allowance of minutes, texts & data. These vary in different amounts according to how much your plan is.

Again if you are a new O2 refresh customer you will need a separate credit check

You cannot downgrade your tariff unless you complete your minimum term or upgrade by paying your device plan off. You can then choose to upgrade or if you wish to walk away. Just pay off your device plan then you are free to go with what you want

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/device-plan-cca-tcs-updated-with-new-phone-number...

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/mobile/o2-refresh-phone-plan-and-term-and-conditions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh

You can only get O2 Refresh online, over the phone or in one of your local O2 stores

63% Refresh customers save 50% or more. Only Refresh customers eligible. 18+

**RPI information for Pay Monthly contracts, including O2 Refresh and sim only tariffs
Each year O2 Refresh Airtime Plan/Pay Monthly tariffs will be adjusted on your April bill by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in the preceding February.
Message 5 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much @jonsie @Toby @Anonymous

I throughly enjoyed researching & producing this & seeing all your wonderful comments
Message 21 of 43

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear @Anonymous. The comments are well-deserved.

If you (or anyone else!) would like to create any other guides, there are always many options. Do let me know anytime. I can even help find some useful content to contribute slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Toby I would be interested in doing more at another time
Message 23 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Anonymous for this thorough & easy to understand guide ..... very useful Fantastic

sorry for the somewhat late comment, I've just come across your guide slight_smile

Message 24 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem, thank you for the kind words @Anonymous
Message 25 of 43

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
No problem, thank you for the kind words @Anonymous

Its proving very popular @Anonymous wink

If anyone is interested in writing something similar for the community, do send me a message. All kinds of suggestions are welcome.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby I'm very glad to see it being used & hearing the positive feedback
Message 27 of 43

adeuk5
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So it is not allowed to question a statement for which no current reference/ authority is given? It was left to me to find it in the current terms particularly given the contradictory and wrong information that I was given by o2.

I'll give you one example and go away:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/mobile/o2-refresh-phone-plan-and-term-and-conditions

This expired on 8th May 2014, it says so in the title and is an archived file!

take care

Message 28 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adeuk5 wrote:

So it is not allowed to question a statement for which no current reference/ authority is given? It was left to me to find it in the current terms particularly given the contradictory and wrong information that I was given by o2.

I'll give you one example and go away:

This expired on 8th May 2014, it says so in the title and is an archived file!

take care

Thanks. I believe this is current & that the date is the confusing part. I have asked the community manager @Toby to look into it & check it out

Message 29 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Despite the contradictory website, we have explained on other threads exactly how Refresh works.

Message 30 of 43