Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g

crozza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

is 4g in milton keynes about to happen thanks. ?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

That could be a factor but I'm sure I read somewhere that existing o2 customers wouldn't be switched over to the existing Three masts....? Or maybe I just dreamt it after some of the local firewater LOL

Message 21 of 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

No you didn't dream it @jonsie I was told that by a Three salesman in store when I switched providers. Whether it's true or not is only speculation at the moment. Until the takeover happens, no one will know for sure.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

No you didn't dream it @jonsie I was told that by a Three salesman in store when I switched providers. Whether it's true or not is only speculation at the moment. Until the takeover happens, no one will know for sure.

As I have said previously I wouldn't take the word of a salesman as gospel, and as you say we will have to wait and see.

However, I just can't see this being the way it would go - it wouldn't make financial sense to have two seperate networks, there will be duplication, with masts covering the same area, duplication means wasted money and any company with a even half a sensible business plan wouldn't waste money like this.

But as you say we will only find out for sure once the merger takes place - I think they should rebrand as Ozone - the chemical formula being O3 of course!!

Message 23 of 34

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm not too sure about re branding to be honest. Ozone makes sense of course but that would denote a separate network under the corporate body....essentially the argument about separate masts surely?

Message 24 of 34

Bambino
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Again it's pure speculation, but I doubt that Three would want to lose its corporate identity by renaming itself O3, or Ozone. Seeing as how Three will be the parent company it's more likely that the O2 logo will disappear.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 34

MI5
  • 144642 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
I've just had a text from O2 but the sender was just "2".
Previously they were sent by "O2".
Is Three gonna have "2" and "3" now....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 34

Bambino
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

How strange. In my notification bar it just has the number '3' to say what network I'm on, but I had a text yesterday from them that said 'Three'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 34

MI5
  • 144642 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
I'm getting texts from both Three and 3 but a move to 2 and 3 makes sense I guess ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 34

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a quick google to see if their is any news on the merger and came across this quote in an article about the backers of the deal. 

"Canning Fok, group managing director of Hutchison Whampoa said: ‘It is an honour to have such a strong collection of the world’s largest and most sophisticated investors joining us as partners in building the combined business of Three and O2 UK, which will be the number 1 mobile operator in the UK with nearly 33million customers."

Article here

Message 30 of 34