Did you mean: 

247MB left . What could I have achieved with that

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

I acquired a Linx tablet about 3m ago. Its win 10 and mostly used at home! cos I dont know how to use it elsewhere basically.

There's 247 MB left on my sim card this month and last month, What could that have been used for if I'd used the tablet outside of the home,please?And where? And how?  eg email. searches, jigsaws, simple games maybe. (I wouldnt use it for car travel, films )                                                                                       

Is there a website or simple publication to explain such things..  for instanceIve heard that an IT store has a know how desk would this help?

Im PC lierate, especially up to Win 8.5. Win 10 leaves me cold have professional qualifications , but wasnt born with a  pc in my hand tho. So , I understand little about modern developments such as SIM  ,  Tablets, and Apps .

Im retired and theres no longer the oppotunity to share new ideas and gather IT info from colleagues anymore. I like to know how things work BUT in simple everyday  language.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
247 is a small amount of data by today's standards.
OK for emails and quick Google searches but no where near enough for streaming films or music etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/understanding-data is this o2 guide any help

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Essentially I use about 1gb (4x what you had left) on various browsing and emails a month. The guide that was posted above might be of some use.

I'd say you'd get maybe a weeks worth of web browsing and standard emails (downloading/uploading attachments in emails could use up that data much quicker) with that amount of data.
Message 4 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I will look again and see if my MB   are confused with  GB.  

I dont want to watch films or listen to music (other than ready downloaded music or lyrics. and s ome searches.

Plus  brief messages on Skype , maybe a downloaded jigsaw puzzle or two.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Don't forget that you can also connect to free wifi hotspots when out and about.
Most shops, cafes, restaurants and shopping centres/arcades have free wifi these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

If its possible, try downloading Feedly and setting up various sources for newsfeeds. For example, I have a cooking category, some various tech ones, DIY electronics, Photography etc. Combine it with Evernote (Freebie version) to save the odd article for later reading or reference. I'd recommend the Adafruit blog though whilst mostly about their electronic products, they do pop up with some very interesting links that range in various subjects (though oddly, you will get some sewing tips and cosplay but you have to look that one up!)

Which incidentally is how I keep up with updates in various subjects to use up my data allowance though I tend to skim through if the snippet isn't interesting enough for more info but very handy for bored moments when out and about. 

Message 7 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi thanks everyone for the replies.

It looks as if i will have to learn all about these new IT things , Apps , blogs etc. My main use would be to use  this item just as i use my laptop at home. However this would be while I am away , involving email, search for hol or travel related needs ,  use as an ereader, possibly interactive ''paper'' puzzles eg codewords or jigsaws.

I will place another question about these items so please do not answer here. I need to close this section down

Best wishes

Message 8 of 8