cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a customer for years, spent thousands and now I've had enough.

My account was charged with £36 of charges from an unrecognised source so I contacted O2 thinking it would be simple. but no, its been 2 months and theres still nothing to show for it.

Ive been lied to, told it was my fault, misled and been hung up on.

Now all I want is to end my contracts and go to a phone operator who actually values their customers.

So far I've been told it would take 5 days three times, Frankly O2 have been the most unpleasant company I've ever had to deal with.

I wanted to block my phones from premium content. I was told that It could be done over the phone and the O2 app would show it. Lie 1

I was told I would recive emails confirming o2s actions, never happend.

I was told I'd get a refund.. Lie 2

I was told that I must of authorised it as it was charged to my account. 

Now all I want is my contract cancelled.

I will never return to O2, they could offer free contracts and solid gold phones and I;d still go with EE or Vodafone or 3 or 3 tin cans attached wth string. All are preferable to O2s customer contempt, sorry, 'service'

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Let us know one way or another pls......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

no problem, I'll keep you updated on the progress (or lack of it as is more likely)

Message 22 of 89

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@MI5 and @Anonymous

You can get copies of all system notes and any call recordings by submitting an official DSAR request. There is however a £10 fee.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 23 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't be surprised if they deleted the messages they didn't want you to hear, and amended the notes before submitting them though
Message 24 of 89

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Most companies make personal notes on the account. Having worked in 2 call centres, notes can vary as to customers preferences, customers attitude on the phone any refunds paid in the past. I've seen big red block capitals stating no refunds or refer to manager to be careful with this customer. It happens I'm afraid. No excuse from me, just telling you how companies operate when point of contact is via a call centre with sometimes hundreds of employees.

Follow the complaints route and if you get nowhere you need to ask for a deadlock letter. Only then will the governing bodies get involved. 

Message 25 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not the personal notes that I object to, I'd imagine my account reads like i'm the most awkward grumpy git in the world. Its the fact that they are putting notes on my account saying not to bother as i'm obviously too much trouble and not worth keeping as a customer. It was just a mistake from an operator that made me aware of thier intentions.

Update

The evidence is that by 12:30 today I hadn't received a call from a manager as promised (and confirmed) yesterday. So I had to call them again.

I had to be very insistant on speaking to a manager as the operator wanted to send an email.

So after 50mins talking to a manager I've been promised that the issues with the unrequested charges and terrible customer service have been resolved.

I'm currently waiting for an email and a text message. Maybe it will arrive, maybe it wont. Hopefully it will because I cant face another 2 and a half months of this.

Although I've been told that a manager cant cancel a contract, so the first manager I spoke to either was lieing or know something todays manager didnt. If I want to cancel I wil have to pay a cancellation fee!

So it seems that once you sign up, O2 can do whatever they like for 2 years and theres no recourse for the customer. You can leave but only if you pay O2 for a service you wont be using or you can contact customer services, but youll be ignored. Either way O2 have your money.

Pay as you go sim only deals seems the only way to actually make sure your not held to ransom by these guys.

also, Jonsie, Whats a deadlock letter and how do I request one?

Message 26 of 89

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

No excuse for not doing as they promise. If the complaints dept. can't resolve the issue to your satisfaction then you simply ask them for a deadlock letter which you then send to OFCOM with details of your complaint and all correspondence. 

Message 27 of 89

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
How do you know that you were speaking to a manager ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 28 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

They said they were a manager.

So it must of been true

Message 29 of 89

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They said they were a manager.

So it must of been true

Of course !

They said they'd call back too.....and send an email or text.......let us know if they do wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 30 of 89