cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of office space do you prefer?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Office

Hey guys, 

Cubicles, open plan, hot desking, private offices, home office, no office at all ... there are a lot of different office setups possible, and environments to work in.

I imagine that more often than not, the job requirements, title, as well as the company culture plays a big role in the type of office space a company chooses and designs for their employees - but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it nerd

What kind of office space do you/did you work in? Is there a setup you personally prefer or don't find motivating at all? Any reason behind that?

Feedback

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
To make life easier @Glory1, the companies that I have worked for run a number of offices - so if a room is not available at one I try another local office.

Your lucky. I worked in head office and there was only the one office, where originally there'd been 3. The building was purpose-built to house us all together. So it was awkward when too many of our consultants were in together, which happened from time to time. The Heads of Divisions shared their office with any of the consultants to give them a desk and phone to work with. They were usually in, in a large group, when expenses were due to be handed in. And guess who had 12 consultants' expenses she had to check item by item, together with their receipts, little ole me. What a pain that was. Receipts missing, not adding up ptoperly. What a joy it was joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my own desk in a large and noisy open plan office area.

This can be both a blessing and a curse as on the plus side I can easily see whether most of the people I tend to have to work collaboratively with on a regular basis are in but on the negative side the noise can be a real annoyance when working on a difficult problem requiring deep thought.

On those occasions I'll tend to go outside for a couple of minutes to think (provided it isn't raining or freezing)

Message 22 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've mostly always done office work ... clerk / typist / receptionist 

Being retired (early) for about 15 years my office work space was usually in an office of my own or with a boss, which I preferred

When employed to work in a large open plan office I didn't like it at all ... too much noise & senseless gossip ... I didn't thrive or stay too long in that kind of environment

I liked to personalise my office space, like @jonsie, with pictures / plants / personal stuff ... the bottom drawer of my desk always had a key to lock up at night (that was where the bottle of sherry was kept wink LOL)

When doing a 'filler-in job' at a shop I liked the work ... but ... was claustrophobic in the smallness of the business space ... however was grateful for the work ... = ... as a young married couple we needed the money

I do like natural light ... have worked in offices without an outside window ... & ... it's pants 

Message 23 of 23