Did you mean: 

data in new york

SbP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

We have had constant problems with roaming in New York using Hawaui dongles/MIFIs; the connection it finds seems to be always very poor (2G). When our staff go abroad, issue them with a dongle or MIFI unit, but they can't remain connected due to these problems. I have changed the settings as much as I can from this end, but without going myself, I don't know what else I can do. We have tried all the dongles/MIFIs that O2 have to offer.

Have other people had this problem and found a way to resolve this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@SbP  O2's Data connections in general are poor in the US. Depending on how long you're there, you'd be better to get a local sim from T-Mobile or AT&T but your phones needs to be unlocked to do that. Otherwise you need to rely on free WiFi hotspots, of which there are many, but you should connect to them using a VPN.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10141 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
@SbP if you have a business contract then contact Customer Services, and ensure 4G is enabled on the sim cards / mobile number..

From my experience New York is a highly congested area for mobile phone coverage, and data speeds. From what i was told along time ago I believe AT&T and T-Mobile prioritise their own customers on the infrastructure. Hence all UK mobile operators seem to have issues in the NYC area
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3