Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess charges for exceeding data limit

Fleahop
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. As with many people, I've been working from home since March and have been using my broadband connection, of course, for my family and business internet; however, we moved house in September and were without broadband for three weeks. In that time not only me, but the whole family, were relying on me and my wife's hotspots for internet. I also had to use hotspotting for my business internet. I received a texted warning that I was close to my limit but when the bill arrived for £2,500 I fell off my chair.

I'm wanting to contact O2 to try and get a discount, for no other reason than, in these hard times, we've been landed an unexpectedly huge bill. No "you should have" answers please.

O2...can you please help?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@fleashop

The best thing to do is call 8002 from your o2 phone, and speak to an agent, as no one on here will be able to give you an answer.

Unfortunately o2 will either be kind and say yes, or be harsh and say no, its as simple as that.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@fleashop

The best thing to do is call 8002 from your o2 phone, and speak to an agent, as no one on here will be able to give you an answer.

Unfortunately o2 will either be kind and say yes, or be harsh and say no, its as simple as that.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Fleahop  That's one hell of a bill!!#

All methods of contacting O2 are here

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen if you have to, to get put through to someone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3