Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Business Farce

Lee1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been with 02 personal since BT Cellnet give or take a year or 2 and there's been no issues at all, 3 months ago i decided to try 02 business for a second phone and i'm just finished with it, what should be a straight forward £48 bill with 100gb has been a living nightmare and nothings is ever right.

Month 1, I had chaos with my accounts as someone had set my business account up and merged it with my personal one, got that sorted or so i thought.

Month 2, I was over charged as my extra promo 50gb hadn't been added and i was charged for going over my initial 50gb, i should have 100gb in all. OK, got that sorted with the promise everything would now be fine, an now month 3, this has just happend.

Month 3, I was off for 2 weeks last month and my business phone wasn't even on in that time, I expected the agreed £48 direct debit, nope that would be normal, my invoice shows £79 and the direct debit tried to take £892 from my bank 'EEK'! I had to bring in Barclays fraud to stop it! I looked at my usage and there lots of big scary charges for a modem that are very unfamilar and the times on all of them are all 00.00.00!

02 are closed until the morning but i can't have this every single month for something that should be so straight forward, 02 business to me has just been nothing but a total **** show and the times it's costing it jawdropping.

I really need to get this business contract terminated.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Lee11, and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get your account in order, and I can definitely get someone on your end to look into it for you - I'll send you a Private Message now to get a few more details first slight_smile 

Thanks a lot for the advice and the mention, @Glory1sunflower

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 25

Lee11
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello and thanks.

Yet again i've been on the phone, with letting the teething problems go of having my business account set up with someone merging with my personal one which i've had sorted, i've also had my extra missing promo data sorted too, these were sorted over the last couple of months.

An update on the £892 and £79 that was tried to be taken from my bank account, the £892 which i had blocked even though 02 thought id paid was an 02 rather big error, all i asked for was a free number change which happened, unknown to me at the time the 02 person terminated the 2 month old contact and started another one from the number change leaving 02 to bill me for the terminated contract hence the £892, the £79 which shows on my statement but only £76 was taken from my bank is the £48 bill and an added terminated fee, ya'know the termination that i never asked for but would be most welcome right now as im just done even caring.

I also still didn't get an answer for the obscene data usage that i don't know what it is, I was told it was a hotspot? I then informed the person that i don't have my wifi or bluetooth on ever and that i tether with a USB cable only and I was off work for 2 weeks and the phone wasn't even on.

The termination added fee that goes with my £48 bill to make the £79 or £76 has had to be sent to the complaints department and i have to wait for 5 days for a response as the person on the phone didn't have the authority.

Merry Christmas from 02 business, we're here to make your business experience a living hell and a nightmare from the very begininng, we can also help in trying to destroy financially your run up to Christmas too as we're incapable of giving a free number without falsey charging your bank nearly £1000. rage

Message 12 of 25

Lee1
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just an update on this as I’m getting emailed asking if it’s sorted, answer yes but not fully, until my next 02 bill come through then I’ll know more, the current status is this.

The £892 contact termination which I was billed for and the day after the other bill which was my normal bill of £48 plus £29 termination free which I’ll round off to £77. Take away the £48 bill which was owed from the £77 which leaves £29 and add the £29 to the £892, This gives a total of £921 in wrong charges which is correct but....the £892 never left my bank as I stopped it but the £29 did in with my bill, my account shows £-921 but I’m actually only owed £29 so my account should show £-29, so when my next bill of £48 comes in if I’m only charged £19 then all will be correct.
Message 13 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Logic tells me that after your next bill you will still be £873 in credit unless someone at O2 actually picks up on that and makes a manual adjustment.......

Message 14 of 25

Lee11
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’d tell them anyway if it did. I don’t even know what to say anymore I’m that done with it. I’ve been through the whole account and it just a shambles tbh, I’ll give it this months payment and if it’s not right I’ve got no other soloution than to see the solicitor to get it terminated, I can’t carry on like this all the time, sad and unwanted but true I’m afraid.
Message 15 of 25

Lee11
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an update on this. My next bill is in, I had myself down as being owned £29, my monthly bill should be £48 which is the contract, I have a bill that just arrived for £42.50, it seems I won't be owned as much as intended and unless there's more to follow, however I'm more than happy with any bill in the £40's, it's the first bill that been the closest to my so called £48 taffif. If it stays around the £48 where it should be I'll happy to complete the 24 month contact, i will then never touch 02 business ever again although I will get a second personal  02 phone instead, it has app for starters and I've never had a problem with customer care sorting issues although there hasn't been many.

Thanks to all that posted.

Lee.

Message 16 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Glad to hear your account has finally been sorted @Lee11. Fingers crossed it stays that way

You can have a happy Christmas, now.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 18 of 25

Lee11
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I'm afraid I'm not so convinced, I've had two emails of 02 business, one at 03.32 and one at 04.08, both are identical,  both at saying my latest bill is £51, there is a link that then takes me to my account that still shows £42.50 so maybe the extra is for the phone, however going deeper into usage it just states balance = £23.62 with my latest invoice going in to my detail further shows the £42.50 invoice.

This is disgusting, I just want out! Is there anyone that frequents here know If i can get my business account terminated without charge? it just saves me going down the legal routes.

Message 19 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Morning again, @Lee11

Your bill is £51. £42.50 plus VAT at 20% = £8.50, making a total of £51.

I'm not sure why but when you check for your latest bill the first screen shows only the total excluding VAT. I assume the reason for this, though don't know this for a fact, is that VAT is a government mandated tax and not money owed to O2. That's my take on it, anyway.

From what you say on checking further the £42.50 is made up of usage (airtime) at £23.62 so the actual cost of the phone is 18.88, which seems a rather odd figure, but that's what it would be to make a total of £42.50. 

Hope the above makes sense and, more importantly, helps.

And to answer your question about terminating your contract without charge, I wouldn't have thought it possible. But you can certainly put your case to Customer Services and see what they say.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 20 of 25