cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking of O2 device

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Quick question, I understand O2 will unlock devices once a contract has been completed. Is this correct? If so, will they unlock your current phone in-store when you pick up your upgrade?

Many Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
They won't unlock instore but the process to follow is detailed here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
They won't unlock instore but the process to follow is detailed here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You may find that the iphone 6 is not unlocked for a period after purchase. Other launches have excluded the iphone unlocking for around 6 months but people did manage to get them unlocked after the handsets were paid off under the refresh contracts.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

most networks now wont unlock an Iphone or if they do they will charge you a arm and leg, this is Apples stipulations not networks, i wanted to get my ex partners EE iphone 5 unlocked for her and they wanted £60 even though she was OOC with them. I took mine to apple after it developed a fault and they gave me a handset exchange and they actually gave me an unlocked handset. My advice is to go to an apple store get advice in their, a lot of shops around my home town in Kingston upon Thames seem to charge anywhere between 60-100 to unlock an Iphone.... 

Speak to Apple and see what they say... slight_smile 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
It's free to unlock on O2 once they announce they will allow it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5