cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 ripping us off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi people,

I went through the process of being about to leave o2 as i upgraded as they seem to be the only network now not offering unlimited data and i was getting annoyed 4 days into my data resetting being sent a text saying you've run out of data.

Anyway long and short of it - i decided to stay with o2, upgraded to the iphone 5. Happy days.

I upgraded my 1gb to 2gb on the data for an extra £5 and have installed an app monitoring data usage.

To say im disgusted is an understatement, im about to sign up for another contract for my Wife and to my surprise i can get the same contract with 2gb data for £5 cheaper than what im paying.

Ah great i ring o2 to apply the same deal to my phone (i upgraded exactly a month ago) and some donut rude idiot answers the phone saying "na mate can't have that as its a new promotion" "sorry pal you're stuck as you are"

Im fuming, some little *bleep* is talking to me like an idiot and almost sniggering as he is telling me this and im stuck paying an extra £5 for something i can get for free now if i upgraded!!!!!

Its only a fiver but its the principal of feeling like im being completely mugged off!! anyone else come across this yet??? Or an imcompetent person on the phones???  

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Can't put up with rudeness on the phone, absolutely unacceptable.

Think about making a complaint following the link below. Maybe they will possibly offer you the new deal as way of 'a goodwill gesture'.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue once before when they dropped there price by £6 a month and called up and got it changed straight away without a hitch I would also suggest you try calling in again and hopefully you will get a different person

Message 3 of 17

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I hope you get it sorted.

O2 voice calls should be recordered, so they should be able to trace the call.

Good Luck

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the 02 agent was impolite to you then I agree go ahead and lodge this using 02's procedures.

I can see your point but on the flip side as this sector is fast paced to keep up with the competition the tariffs can change regularly. When you've effectively signed on the dotted line when would it be still ok to ask 02 to give you a new tariff deal after the initial cooling off period ? At some point you've gotta be locked into the deal or people would be changing every time one sees a better deal.

I assume they offered you a deal on the handset price or something in order to retain you as a customer.

Hope you get resolved soon.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am coming out of my iPhone 4S contract month end. Can you pl tell me the deal/ offer you get for the 2GB data ? 

Message 6 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Check the tariffs here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity

Click "High data".

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Better still phone 02 when your ready and speak to the retentions team where you could get a better deal than what's readily available on their online site or in high street outlets.

Be sure to use buzz words like loyalty, thinking of leaving and PAC codes !!
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually all the iphone tariffs on each network are fairly similar but this year huge discrepancies with 02 which made me question if they're struggling financially to offer such weaker tarrifs.

I'm paying £46 p/m and only getting 1GB of data on iphone 5? Has this now changed?

I've already made a complaint about why some networks are offering 2gb of data for a quid cheaper than 02 are offering for 1GB but got an answer saying "our tarrifs are very competitive..." which i tried to question a bit further but they just kept posting links to their tarrifs and wouldnt acknowledge other networks tarrifs.

Remind me a bit of the stubborn donkey on family guy who won't admit they have much weaker tarrifs around.

And i would quite happily never use 02 moments or any of the BT hotspots to pay 1 quid less a month and have an extra gig of data before you ask...

Message 9 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm paying £46 p/m and only getting 1GB of data on iphone 5? Has this now changed?

And i would quite happily never use 02 moments or any of the BT hotspots to pay 1 quid less a month and have an extra gig of data before you ask...

How strange, you've just signed up to a new contract with high value handset with full transparency about what is included and you're complaining! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 17