cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 ripping us off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi people,

I went through the process of being about to leave o2 as i upgraded as they seem to be the only network now not offering unlimited data and i was getting annoyed 4 days into my data resetting being sent a text saying you've run out of data.

Anyway long and short of it - i decided to stay with o2, upgraded to the iphone 5. Happy days.

I upgraded my 1gb to 2gb on the data for an extra £5 and have installed an app monitoring data usage.

To say im disgusted is an understatement, im about to sign up for another contract for my Wife and to my surprise i can get the same contract with 2gb data for £5 cheaper than what im paying.

Ah great i ring o2 to apply the same deal to my phone (i upgraded exactly a month ago) and some donut rude idiot answers the phone saying "na mate can't have that as its a new promotion" "sorry pal you're stuck as you are"

Im fuming, some little *bleep* is talking to me like an idiot and almost sniggering as he is telling me this and im stuck paying an extra £5 for something i can get for free now if i upgraded!!!!!

Its only a fiver but its the principal of feeling like im being completely mugged off!! anyone else come across this yet??? Or an imcompetent person on the phones???  

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I want a refund!

I don't understand how people use so much data. Everywhere I go there is wifi. Even on new housing estates being built there's a greater than 50% chance there's wifi for the contractors
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 17

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Its rare now a days places not to have Wifi.

All my locals Pubs have Wifi, even Tescos now has o2 wifi in store, shopping Malls, Restraunts and some busses have free wifi. I even got free wifi on the train to london and Back yesterday, although this was patchy and dependant on tunnels lol

When I was in Paris this year, I was impressed with the amount of places that had Wifi too. It was also easy to use and the greetings was always in French and English.

Also I know when I resigned my simplicity tariff with 2GB of data, it was well explained to me what i was getting in the shop. Infact every upgrade with o2, shop or over the phone have always been well explained with a follow up letter a week later telling me what I get.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 12 of 17

Zombie_Fried
Level 4: Observant
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
I want a refund!

I don't understand how people use so much data. Everywhere I go there is wifi. Even on new housing estates being built there's a greater than 50% chance there's wifi for the contractors

i know.  I have 500mb a month and use about 250mb. thats me going heavy. grin

Message 13 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I've got 1gb but only used 200mb last month.

Should probally reconsider my bolt on haha:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

helpful perksie no wonder you have so many posts on here with these thoroughly enlighting posts.

Yes i was aware of the tarrifs. Yes i did sign up for a new contract. Otherwise i'd have had to wait another 6 months to change network with a broken phone.

The fact is i did sign up for a new contract but surely I still have a right to query and question why the data usage is so different compared to other networks? Am i not allowed going forward to question the level of service i receive? Good corporate attitude to have.

I have 2 main issues with the lack of data 02 customers have for more expensive contracts. Either 02 are struggling financially and cannot compete with other networks OR 02 are just after making as much money as possible offering the least amount of costs to them. These can only be the two reasons for the discrepancies in data. I believe it is within my right as a customer to find out the exact reason.

Message 15 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Of course it's your right to find out.

Perksie however is correct you knew what you were signing up for. I don't see how you can take offense to that.

O2 is a business off course they will charge the maximum amount possible. I'm happy to pay a premium as long as I keep getting good service.
Message 16 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Everyone has been upset by the data reductions but that's what O2 decided to do and we have to live with it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 17