cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my IMEI number for my device

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need the IMEI number for my device but the one that comes up on the MyO2 part of my account

with you is for the old iphone 5c and as im making a claim with my insurance for my 6S water damaged

phone i need the new number. I havent got the original box or receipt.

Can you update my IMEI number on your website or send me an email with it please.

ASAP

Thanx

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No just the serial number and even then it has to be connected or you just get the iTunes home page.

You have an iPhone......wouldn't this work ?

1. Launch iTunes on the computer containing the backup.
  2. Go to iTunes Menu >> Preferences and select Devices tab. Your iPhone backups will be displayed under the Device Backups section.
  3. Hover the mouse pointer over any of the backups and wait for the details to appear. Your iPhone’s IMEI number will be present among other details in the tooltip message.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous you'll have to speak with customer services, we can't help, sorry http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Would the IMEI be visible from iTunes if the phone has been backed up in there, do you know guys? slight_smile

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No just the serial number and even then it has to be connected or you just get the iTunes home page.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

2. Go to iTunes Menu >> Preferences and select Devices tab. Your iPhone backups will be displayed under the Device Backups section.
  3. Hover the mouse pointer over any of the backups and wait for the details to appear. Your iPhone’s IMEI number will be present among other details in the tooltip message.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Just checked that and that there is the solution slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35771 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
Clever thinking there, @Beenherebefore, Kudos awarded wink

Out of interest, had the phone been in a usable state, would *#06# work on the iPhone like it does on other mobiles?
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes it does.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35771 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
Thanks, useful to know.

So a phone is a phone is a phone, even if it's an iPhone wink
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, almost tongue

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13