Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone migration - SIM to eSIM

marky9074
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For some reason my previous post regarding this was deleted - not sure why.

I come here because I couldn't work out how to contact support directly. Long story short, got a new iPhone a few days ago and when migrating all data and settings the option to 'copy SIM to eSIM' presented itself. This was tried a number of times and failed each time. In the end just moved the O2 SIM from one device to another.

Fast forward two days and multiple accounts were hacked that used SMS as 2FA. I would like to find out from O2 if there was unusual activity on my SIM that day, and would like to know if anybody else has experience this.

As you can imagine, I am concerned that someone out there still has access to my number and therefore a 2FA source.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@marky9074 

You can't have your number on 2 different sim cards of any type, so if your sim is working, there's no risk.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

For future use.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

marky9074
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for the replies. I'm still bemused at how my various accounts were hacked which had SMS set up as the 2FA, yet received no messages and only realised after receiving emails stating that my identification credentials had been changed (email etc). It just seems too much of a coincidence that this has happened immediately after changing phones using the inbuilt option to copy all data from one device to another, and then trying the 'Copy SIM to eSIM' option.

Message 4 of 4