cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone6 unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

im with O2 9 years now and in Jan 15 ( iven could do this in July 2014 but didnt take any notice) upgrade my cont And jump into O2 refresh... And take iphone6 for 24 months without any inshurance etc (never ever claim nothing) as my plan is to keep my old Phone (bit old Fashion) and give iphone6 to my girlfrend in Poland to use it (didint take Nano card etc when upgrading in branch so is not registrated) so now problem with unlocking come up ( not expert in this things) she ask me to contact o2 to unlock so she can use it overthere but after chating with Guru find out i have pay it off??? Why??  what is the diffrence is locked or not for 02 got to pay monthly anyway so bit stuck now and dont know what to do?? Any help please

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145160 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
You can't do anything I'm afraid.
The phone has to be used on o2-UK and must be paid off completely or you must wait 12 months from launch (so Oct 15 is the earliest).
That's o2 rules for the iPhone 6, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
  • 145160 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
You can't do anything I'm afraid.
The phone has to be used on o2-UK and must be paid off completely or you must wait 12 months from launch (so Oct 15 is the earliest).
That's o2 rules for the iPhone 6, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

ohh no, shame as that will be lot off hastle for me!!! getting bk Phone to uk and miss sad face 😞 and anyway how to use it? When was upgrading in O2 branch told the Staff not bother with that Nano sim card as will give it to my girlfrend to use it in Poland and hi sed " aha ok " so bit upset hi didint mentioned about problems i could come across if i do that etc. Insted of asking me for how much i want to sale it!!! so here i im now 😞 be honest and get.....  as was hopeing O2 help me but not!!! as to late to cancel contract so thinking to use that unlocking service but 80£ madness but what you have to do to keep girlfrend happy wink so not sure if I schould trust this pages? 

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Feel free to ignore the advice given. Please contact o2 on 202 and ask them to unlock it.

They will refuse.

Feel free to come back and update us that they refused.
Message 4 of 19

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The phone has to be used on the O2 network to register the IMEI on O2's systems.....end of!

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

can everyone read all my previous messages mr. End off as Tell me how? For. Eg will get Phone bk to uk and how i reg that phone to O2 sys without that Nano card. Ps already call to cust. service and told whole story wink and outcome was they will unlocked when i pay it off!!!!

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly. O2 will unlock when the device is paid off which is what we have said.

To latch the phone to the o2 network, get the phone back, go to your local o2 store with the phone and i.d. and they will be able to provide you with a new nano sim for the number with which you took out the contract and will swap your contract to the new sim.

If you are using the contract mobile number using another sim in another phone that sim card will stop working.
Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123456 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

can everyone read all my previous messages mr. End off as Tell me how? For. Eg will get Phone bk to uk and how i reg that phone to O2 sys without that Nano card. Ps already call to cust. service and told whole story wink and outcome was they will unlocked when i pay it off!!!!

And that is the correct advice. There is no other way round this I am afraid

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

If the phone has never been used on the O2 network they will not unlock it even when ther device is paid off. You either need to get the phone back to the UK or use other spurious means of getting it unlocked.

Message 9 of 19

MI5
  • 145160 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
and then, after switching your sim to a nano sim and have used the phone on o2 you need to pay off the device plan cost and after that fill out the unlock request http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 19