Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone been blacklisted and 02 no help at all

blacklisted
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

bought iPhone x second in on **Personal info**20 was all working fine with no issue and then just left it in the cupboard now taken it our and i can not use any sim card in there spoke to 02 and there not being helpful and rude over the phone  im thinking of going to an other network 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions

@blacklisted 

o2 wont remove the blacklisting in this case, as the phone more than likely belongs to an Insurance company, as the person who you bought it from will have reported it lost or stolen..  Nor will any other network in the EU unblock the phone.

Try and get back in touch with the person you bought it from and try and get your money back. 

You can also check on checkmend (this is a chargeable service)…

Bare in mind if it is reported lost of stolen you could be committing the crime of handling stolen goods, and the person you bought it from of Insurance Fraud.... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@blacklisted Where or who did you buy the the phone from and what is it that you expect O2 to do?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

blacklisted
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought second hand in January 2020 on Facebook I would like o2 to remove the blacklist 

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions

@blacklisted 

o2 wont remove the blacklisting in this case, as the phone more than likely belongs to an Insurance company, as the person who you bought it from will have reported it lost or stolen..  Nor will any other network in the EU unblock the phone.

Try and get back in touch with the person you bought it from and try and get your money back. 

You can also check on checkmend (this is a chargeable service)…

Bare in mind if it is reported lost of stolen you could be committing the crime of handling stolen goods, and the person you bought it from of Insurance Fraud.... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@blacklisted Unless you know the person on FB you bought it from and can get your money back, you've been conned. O2 cannot and will not help you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5