Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6s battery issue, nobody dealing with it

starwarsfan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Getting really annoyed. My iphone battery is cutting out and stalling way before reaching zero. In fact ive never seen it hit zero or 1 or 2 %. I only got it in april. 

Took it into the apple store they told me a replacement battery would cost £200 and not covered by warranty. 

Took it to the 02 store where I signed the contract and they told me it was a fault with apple and pretty much nothing they could do. 

I now have a non mobile mobile-phone. any advice. pretty fed up if i'm honest, 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@starwarsfan wrote:

Hmm.. surely not. Apple vehemently detached themselves from this being their issue. I wonder if I'll get an apology?

No you won't...they are never wrong after all Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 38

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm told 10.2 is now out.....
Just updating...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 38

starwarsfan
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

installed the update.. nothing changed.. still own a lovely apple brick

Message 34 of 38

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not had any shutdowns yet but only one day in....

Currently using:
Message 35 of 38

starwarsfan
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THought it be worth an update and let this be a warning. 

The updates did nothing to the battery performance. And the battery was barely lasting 5minutes before it would shoot down to the 20% or stay in the 40s before just shutting down. I could plug in the charger for a few minutes then i could remove and the battery would be okay for hours. 

I contacted o2 again and this time i got a human being who actually thought this poor perfomance of my phone was worth some attention. Rather than interrogated like before I was given a returns form to send the phone back although it was recommended to 'upgrade' the return to a recorded special delivery. It did cost quite a bit but I thought it worth it. 

I didnt hear anything back for quite sometime. I visited my local 02 shop as instructed to get a temporary phone but having gone in every day for about a week and half, I was informed i couldnt have one as they didnt have anything to let me use. Thankfully a friend came to the rescue and let me his. 

A few weeks have passed and then my phone turned up and I dont believe it was even opened as i deliberately placed a ring of red tape around it in a antistatic bag (you would have to break it to open) as I have been suspicious of this before. I was informed the issue had been resolved but absolutely nothing had changed. The battery still randomly shuts down. 

I've written a letter of complaint to 02,to my local branch then I will take it to the ombudsman. sad days.. 

Message 36 of 38

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Very poor, yours clearly has something more serious than a software glitch.

Currently using:
Message 37 of 38

starwarsfan
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

the final update

obviously apple admitted that the battery had been an issue, but Ive been using my friends phone for a year running down the contract as my iphone 6s sat in a drawer, I did contemplate doing the battery swap but a couple of friends were put on 6month waiting lists.

And its time to leave iphones and o2 behind. Never again will I touch either and glad to be out of the nightmare. At least i should be able to get something for the iphone 6s on ebay, but I feel like Ive wasted several hundred pounds not getting any use out of it. 

Message 38 of 38