Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6s battery issue, nobody dealing with it

starwarsfan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Getting really annoyed. My iphone battery is cutting out and stalling way before reaching zero. In fact ive never seen it hit zero or 1 or 2 %. I only got it in april. 

Took it into the apple store they told me a replacement battery would cost £200 and not covered by warranty. 

Took it to the 02 store where I signed the contract and they told me it was a fault with apple and pretty much nothing they could do. 

I now have a non mobile mobile-phone. any advice. pretty fed up if i'm honest, 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

starwarsfan
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To the respondee above. I walked into a Apple store and was told by a salesperson that to fix the battery it would cost £200.

I've given up because its so timewasting. 02 arent interested, Apple arent interested. everything I try to do is met with a cost, or I'm turned around and sent 'to the other lot'... 

So, the iphone6s sits in a drawer back in its box and Im using an old iphone 4 which someone has leant me. I pay an extorionate amount per month IMO for a phone that doesnt work. What a massive disappointment

Message 11 of 38

starwarsfan
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i made a 70 mile round trip and got fobbed off by the staff. Should I make ANOTHER 70 mile round trip and hope? No thanks. 

Message 12 of 38

starwarsfan
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

according to apple, no i dont. There is nothing wrong with the phone apparently. Its all been blamed on me using a third party charger, which I do not have. I have no third party charger. I have never used anything other than the charger I got NEW with the phone. In fact due to the fact that apple persued this ridiculous accusation during a support chat, I finally insisted I speak to a senior manager so I could complain about the consistent accusation of this charger than I do not have. Sadly he wasnt interested in my phone not working, just apologised for the accusation of the third party charger.. so I was back to square one and doubly frustrated. 

Message 13 of 38

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

You need to ring the contact number for Apple support Look here and then ask to be put through to customer relations. Ask to make an official complaint @starwarsfan and hopefully that'll get you some sort of resolution.

Message 14 of 38

starwarsfan
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

just going round in circles. I spoke to apple support, they then phoned me up, an American guy. And just stated the battery isnt on their serial number list. So it will cost me for a repair. I keep hearing how helpful they are but thats not helpful, none of this is my fault.  

I then went back into the o2 store in my town where I got it from and they told me to speak to apple.. omfg

I'm really at wits end. 

My only option is to make a complaint against o2 for not sorting this out. 

Message 15 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Complaints on this link
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 38

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@starwarsfan how are u getting on with this problem? Have u initiated a complaint to Apple yet? I'd definitely recommend that, as they are surely a better bet than Anovo the O2 official repair service.

Do let us know how things pan out, as it's seeming that I got a much more superior CS experience than you're getting.
Message 17 of 38

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
You have probably tried this already, but following some more news about it there is a website to check your phone using the serial number@starwarsfan.
https://www.apple.com/au/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 18 of 38

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
My daughters has started doing this now too but her serial number is not on the list......
Cue a phone call to Apple shortly......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 38

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions