cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6+ delays on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

CPW probably have more influence with Apple than the networks at the moment. People just want to get their hands on one and it would seem that O2 refresh doesn't come into the equation with the people who have been waiting weeks.

Message 71 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can understand the frustration but I always look at the long term.
Message 72 of 114

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Many people don't unfortunately, they have to have it now no matter the long term implications.

Message 73 of 114

MI5
  • 144969 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions
Not a problem if you're happy to have the same phone for 2 years - wouldn't do for me though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 74 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update.

After reading the experiences of this forum, which help me realise that this is manly an O2 thing and many providers can get the iPhones.

I have cancelled and re-ordered this morning with CPW, and I have received confirmation I can pick up my phone tomorrow.

I even decided to get the 6 plus 128gb space grey instead, it would have been a nightmare to cancel and reorder with O2 as 6-4 week wait on this phone.

Been with O2 for close to 10 years, and with this they have been shocking.

Adios

Message 75 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Pleased you are at last about to get your phone...very sad though it had to be someone other than O2...

They have certainly made a real mess of this launch...with so many unhappy customers..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 114

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as not having the Refresh Tariff is not a deal breaker then it makes sense.

Enjoy your phone.
Message 78 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to say, I am staggered by just how badly this seems to be getting managed by O2. 

CPW have stock, EE have stock, even a cursory Google search of some of the more reputable online mobile phone sites seem to have stock. 

After yet another ultimately pointless chat with the web support team, which I was fed repetetive and scripted responses, the poor O2 agents don't seem to have any information whatsoever to give customers. Either Apple haven't given them any info or it is being withheld from the front line operators.

Even some places who don't have stock are still providing their customers with exact dates they can expect their phones rather than fobbing them off with "it's 2-4 weeks, just wait" so why can't O2 seem to manage this feat?

I am very disappointed a company as large as O2 are completely unable or unwilling to provide their customers with more accurate information and updates on the situation, especially when most other outlets don't seem to be suffering the same issues.

Message 79 of 114

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 80 of 114