Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone disabled

Emmadocherty18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello. I was looking for some advice and help. My partner just got the iPhone 11 pro max on the 26/09/2019. And he’s seemed to have forgotten his password to get into the phone and it’s disabled itself and is telling me to connect to iTunes, when doing this to restore it to its factory settings (wiping the phone), it gets half way through and comes up error. He needs his phone for work etc and we have a child together so it’s important he has a phone incase anything had to happen or i needed him for something, because he only got it 3 days ago. Should o2 have warranty on his phone? If I had to take it to an o2 shop would they solve the problem and fix it? Would I need to pay for it!!?? Any ideas on how to solve this problem, thanks in advance
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Emmadocherty18 The phone is only 3 days old. Of course it's under warranty. First choice should be a visit to an Apple store, if you have one nearby. If not, take it to an O2 store. If they can't fix it they'll send it off for repair. I'm not certain if they would be able to offer you a loaner while it's away for repair. If not, you can buy a cheap phone from CEX so your partner can stay in contact with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Emmadocherty18

What is the error message that iTunes is giving?

This sounds more like an internet connection issue rather than a phone fault. I'd also try a different cable to use to connect to iTunes. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Emmadocherty18 

Also, shut down the PC or Mac (not restart), leave it for 10 minutes before restarting the system and trying again as it could be the supporting services that are malfunctioning and causing the reflashing to fail.

By shutting down for a good 10 minutes you'll ensure that any data in RAM should have faded and that the services reload from scratch as both MS and Apple seemed to have stopped initialising (clearing) RAM on restart for the sake of speed.

Message 4 of 4