Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS 4013 error and still have 6 months remaining

JDMSAM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just been to the apple store with a 4013 error for a ‘Genius’ appointment and they have told me my phone needs replacing despite the fact it’s in perfect condition, as it’s had a fault with the main control board. im disgusted when the phone cost £1200 2 years ago and I’m still paying for it under my contract. I have looked for an email to put this in writing to o2 and have been unsuccessful. Apple tell me it’s down to my network provider as that’s who my contract of sale is with and under the sale of goods act o2 have an obligation to assist. Where do I go from here ? I have £214 outstanding to upgrade but still feel I’m being shortchanged considering this phone was perfect before it was updated!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122367 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JDMSAM 

I think Apple are giving you the runaround. If it's a problem with the main control board, that's nothing to do with O2, who simply sell the phones. It's the fault of the manufacturer. ie Apple.

The phone is 2 years old, so what length of time is your contract?

You need to call O2. All numbers are in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@JDMSAM

Apple should have replaced it there and then for you, and not pointed you back to o2.

Unfortunately the "Geniuses at Apple are not Genuis at all"

I would contact Apple via live chat at https://support.apple.com they also have a phone number as well for support.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The problem is that Apple stick to their guns with regards to the 12 month warranty irrespective of the trading standards rules and it will be like ping-pong back between Apple and O2

Proving that this was an inherent fault from new is next to impossible and it stinks that Apple don't give a 2 year warranty like most other manufacturers

If the phone was bought direct from Apple they would normally replace the phone up to 2 years

I think personally that if O2 are the supplier they should honour a warranty for the length of the contract but good luck fighting them

I think the way forward would have tio be a complaint if all other options have been exhausted

Maybe yet another Brexit disadvantage

Message 4 of 4