cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking to get my iPhone 7 unlocked but each time I request it I get a email back saying my device needs to be paid off with my device is no longer on a plan why is it still not being unlocked
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The device is paid off that what I don't get

so in my o2 the cca is showing as settled ?

If so then raise a formal complaint linking to the relevant sections of the t&c etc as posted

If not you need to query why it is showing a balance

how long since you paid it off? 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124135 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Personally, I want clarification on the issue about O2 not unlocking them EVEN if the device is paid in full.

This is the second query about this and as far as I am concerned, I link to the official information as stated by O2. If people are being told by CS they can't unlock even if the device is paid in full then they are misselling and are in breach of their own T&C's. If @Toby isn't online then maybe @Martin-O2 can find out what's happening?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
CS not knowing what they are doing as we see daily on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 23

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It's so frustrating for customers when they call and under trained staff advise incorrectly or O2 move the goalposts without updating the website. Exactly which this scenario is, we await in awe. 

Message 14 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Cleoriff the other case is down to on o2 sim never being used sold the handset unboxed

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124135 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

They haven't moved the goalposts according to the information still showing in the link. If they attempt to do so now..... after they have sold the device to many customers, then that would be illegal. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

I'll request clarification on this issue now. Keep an eye on this thread as I'll post the update once I have more information. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 23

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Cleoriff the other case is down to on o2 sim never being used sold the handset unboxed

Still misinformation though if the customer had come here first he wouldn't be having the problem now. 

Message 18 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124135 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Still misinformation though if the customer had come here first he wouldn't be having the problem now. 

Actually there are two people on this thread  who have been told the same. Phonechanger and the op...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

I can confirm that the iPhone and iPhone 7 Plus can both be unlocked once the device plan has been paid off.

@Anonymous I would suggest calling customer services and if you are still having no luck drop me a private message so we can look into this further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 23