cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 pre ordered or not?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I obviously pre ordered the iPhone 7 plus Matt black 35G last Friday over the phone, but yet to receive a text saying I won't be getting it for the launch date like I expected to get it, since I did pre order it.

All I've been reading is bad press about o2 not having enough stock for us o2 people!

So what's the deal? Are people still getting it for the launch date even though they didn't get that dreaded text or what?

Also how did everyone else pre order? As it might be priotised on how ever you bought the iPhone.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

My order still say in progress.. 128 Gold 7 Plus, had no text or email... I'm thinking no deliver today then

Message 2 of 12

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
I ordered rose gold 256gb plus and not had a text saying yay or nay either.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I preordered mine last Friday at 9am, 32gb Matt black normal... Had the text last night saying they don't have my phone and should be delivered within 4 days 🙁😡

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same text for my 128gb in black. How can they take ore orders when they don't have enough to cover the orders?
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a chat with them: 

There’s not enough stock of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus to keep up with demand so we have less stock available to fulfil iPhone 7 and 7 Plus pre-orders than wed expected at the time our customers placed their orders.
O2
• 8:32 AM

O2• 8:32 AM

But it never said out of stock or anything on the website.
Luke Hogarth

I've had no communication at all
Luke Hogarth

This means we won't have sufficient stock to cover all customers who have pre-ordered and are expecting their iPhone 7 device on launch day, Friday 16 September.
O2• 8:33 AM

Is there an estimated date ?
Luke Hogarth
• 8:33 AM

There's not enough stock of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus to keep up with demand. Unfortunately this means your iPhone won’t be ready for 16 September. We are holding your place in the queue and will prioritise your order when we get stock in.
O2
• 8:33 AM

Do you know when you will get stock in?
Luke Hogarth
• 8:34 AM

We’ll update you on Tuesday 20 Sep. Check here for the latest updates:www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/iphone-offers

.... So, at pre-order, they never told me it would be out of stock.
I've had no communication fro O2 at all, so would have been left unknowing if I hadn't have contacted them.

Terrible service.

(I ordered a 128GB 7 Plus in silver)
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see you received the stock response that we got in a text - There's not enough stock of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus to keep up with demand. Unfortunately this means your iPhone won’t be ready for 16 September. We are holding your place in the queue and will prioritise your order when we get stock in.

So they took my £59.99 up front payment, said I'd get it today and now I won't.... bet I won't get my money back until its in stock!
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two contracts, one for me and one for the wife. Her phone is out for a delivery (7 in Rose Gold) but mine just says "upgrade in progress". I was not expecting it to arrive today as the website crashed when i was checking out at 08:02 so i expected the delay!

What annoyed me though is that i could have ordered my Hey Black 7 Plus at 22:00 the same evening with Carphone Warehouse and had it delivered today! When i questioned O2, they said it is because of the stock levels! Surely O2, being one of the largest network providers would have the most stock of phones!

Do i have an option to cancel my upgrade? Am thinking of just buying outright and getting a cheap BT sim!

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just spoke with o2 via live chat and they confirmed my phone is ready to be sent out and should be with me tomorrow anytime before 6pm
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is good news as I had that dreadful tect
Message 10 of 12