cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 - unable to send MMS messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I've just upgraded to an iPhone 6 with an O2 sim only tariff but cannot send MMS messages. When I log into my account it correctly identifies that I have an iPhone 6 and have tried resetting the MMS settings on my phone per various suggestions from the Internet but no success. Strangely I have also tried texting MMS to 1010 per O2's guides but get a message back saying "Sorry this service is available to iPhone users only"! This despite them having already acknowledged that it is an iPhone in my account details. Btw I upgraded from an iPhone 4s on an existing O2 tariff so not as if I have come from a different make or network.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It may be worth asking O2 via 202 to re provision your account for mms.

Help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/54...

Look in settings, messages , is mms messaging toggled on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It may be worth asking O2 via 202 to re provision your account for mms.

Help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/54...

Look in settings, messages , is mms messaging toggled on.
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It may be worth checking your data plan in My O2 and making sure you mobile data enabled when tring to send mms.

Also check your settings against those here :

Connecting iPhone to Data Services

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I may add : You could try ->Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous ,

have you checked  settings/messages/mms messaging and checked if it's on?

Message 5 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please also be aware that MMS are not included in your tariff allowances and are charged at 40p per message.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We usually recommend the use of iMessage if sending pics to other iPhones or whatsapp, BBM, facebook etc if going to other android or windows phones.
Email is also an option to any phone and allows much bigger files sizes to be sent.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks folks for all your quick responses.
The link to the settings appears to have solved my problem. Strangely despite having been sold a sim only contract for an iPhone (through Carphonewarehouse) I can only get MMS working if I use the non-iphone settings for MMS. I will check with them to see why but in meantime thanks again for getting me operational.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome.

Do take into account the cost of each mms as indicated by Bambino.
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That means you are on the wrong data settings.
You need to contact CS to get the correct iData settings on your account.
This will solve your problem completely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12