cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

They didn't mention any other models as out of stock.

If I had been told at the time it would be up to 7 weeks until delivery then I wouldn't have been so annoyed.  It was more the fact that I wasn't advised of the delay and money was taken from account.

Like you I would just like to know when to expect it and not be told it could be anywhere between 2-7 weeks which doesn't help!

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1821 of 4,605

infectedspleen
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Been reading this thread all day and checking my myO2 and its only now changed. 

Ordered on friday 12th around 3:30pm. Went for a iP6 64gb space gray.  

MyO2 shows this... Hope i get it tomorrow. Taken the day off work so me and the iphone can go on our first date.... 

Parcel numberUnable to display
Courier nameUnable to display
Dispatch date

17 Sep 2014

Message 1822 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a UKmail tracking number from o2 website for my Iphone 6 64gb phone, and it says delivery is today! Here's hoping!

Message 1823 of 4,605

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@infectedspleen wrote:

Hi all,

Been reading this thread all day and checking my myO2 and its only now changed. 

Ordered on friday 12th around 3:30pm. Went for a iP6 64gb space gray.  

MyO2 shows this... Hope i get it tomorrow. Taken the day off work so me and the iphone can go on our first date.... 

Parcel numberUnable to display
Courier nameUnable to display
Dispatch date

17 Sep 2014

....thats weird that yours says, 'unable to display'??!?

I have a parcel number AND a courier name (UK Mail) as do quite a number of posters on here.

I would investigate if I were you.................!

Message 1824 of 4,605

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I think you're right.  It appears they underestimated the demand for the IP6+ 128gb's.

O2 are very disappointing altogether and after more than 10 yrs with them I'm seriously considering a move to another provider.

One of the annoying things is that I received an e-mail yesterday and another one today advising me of the follows:

Your order is being processed and will be despatched shortly.

We'll email or send you an SMS to confirm when your order has been
despatched so that you'll know when to expect your delivery. You will
need to sign for the delivery, but don't worry if you're not in, the
courier will leave you details to rearrange delivery.

If my IP6+ is out of stock why have they sent this e-mail twice!!

They have advised it will 3-5 days to track down the recording of the order and get back to me!!!

I really hope you have better luck.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1825 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

My O2 also says unable to display, although i have received a text with my UKMAIL order number and on checking the website have found it to say delivery for tomorrow.. fingers crossed for you. slight_smile

Message 1826 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is perfectly fine to have Unable to display, all it means is that O2's systems have not yet been updated with all the info. Mine is in Birmingham and still it shows Unable....everybody relax.

They are comming slight_smile

Message 1827 of 4,605

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 1828 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Huntress  are you sure you arent me? Its the exact same story for me. I got the same email at 3:03 on the 12th and then the same email again on the 16th at 21:15.

Why send the same email twice. I understand by ordering at that time of day that I may not have been lucky to get it on the day itself but to be sat refreshing a screen and not knowing if its going to be 2 weeks or 7 weeks is really bad. If I knew I was in the queue and was going to get it in 3 weeks then I would be ok but its the not knowing and then getting different stories everytime I am on to a chat guru.

It looks like we chose the phone with the most limited stock, I only went for the 128gb as I thought it would be least popular, if I had known I would have gone 64gb without a doubt.

I must admit to being so annoyed at the o2 performance and will think of leaving them to another provider when I am next due an upgrade. It is never handled very well, would have thought they would have had enough practice of it to get it right.

Message 1829 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
I may or may not 😉 work for uk mail and have access to the tracking system, a few hours ago I saw that my device is on a vehicle headed for a main distribution hub. I am told 400 iPhones will turn up this afternoon at our depot and likely more overnight.
For a little more info I finally managed to order my 6+ 64gb silver at 16:30 Friday 18th and il be getting it tomorrow so those who ordered before me should be fine!
O2 site still only says in progress.
Even though I know it will be there later and will more than likely be able to see where it is I too will have to wait until the morning to get my hands on it.
Message 1830 of 4,605