cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 purchased now from O2 won't work on the 4g network ever?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone advise on this-  I was told (from someone at o2) that the if you purchase an iPhone 5 from o2 it will not work on the o2 4g network they are bidding for, as they are purchased via Carphone Warehouse ?  Hence the offer currently of an (expensive) upgrade in the future already.  And it is hoped, once o2 have 4g, they will be able to supply iPhones direct from Apple in the future which will work.  Does anyone know if there is any truth in this rumour ?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can this not be changed no?
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry No.

They (02) have already launched and started investing in their 4G Network
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok no worries... Like I said that's prob y the 4g promise is out. The new iphone will be 4g ready tho won't it? N can I ask dya think will be as good as EE eventually.. I'm still with O2 but lucky to get 3G at times lately
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be surprised if the keynote on the 10/9/13 said iPhone 5s/6 didn't have the correct band to work on 02 4G data services.

I don't see that happening.

Ee were the first to launch so have a head start but from what I've read they (02) have the strongest 4g band to work with.

Look at it this way. 02 don't have to offer anything in the way of upgrades and ways of getting the new iPhone And 4G at all. They are offering an olive branch.
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ano this is true... Don't get me wrong been with O2 from before I can even remember.... So hope the new iphone does come out on 4g... N that they become as strong network wise 🙂
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think on both accounts it will and they will.
Message 16 of 17

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Nothing has been confirmed (and wont be until the 10th) however I personally would be shocked if the frequencies were restricted again and it wasnt compatible with our 4G network.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 17 of 17