cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 charger

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else having problems charging there iPhone 5 up the past 2 days its hit and miss with the charger, I can get it to work eventually but it normal takes about 10 to get in a position and then not to touch it.
Is this a common? I'm book in the Genius Bar but that's on Friday shall I buy a new charger or revert back to the old style and use a micro to lighting USB that way lose the chances of a lose wire cause I've never had a problem with the old style charger...

Thanks for any help 🙂
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all your help guys.
I can't get to an apple store any earlier so I'm gonna have to suffer it and hope it doesn't just pack up.
I have had problems with back ups before what am I doing wrong only half my apps seem to appear I don't seem to be getting a full backup
Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Are you selecting "transfer purchases" when doing your back ups?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't done a back up for a while now I will give that a go this time jet in case
Message 13 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know how you get on Cockneyboy.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had problems with back ups before what am I doing wrong only half my apps seem to appear I don't seem to be getting a full backup

It definetely sounds like you have purchased some apps etc on the iPhone itself, and when you have connected the iPhone to your computer and used iTunes, you have not chose "Transfer Purchases". Doing this ensures that any apps etc that are on your iPhone are then transferred over to your iTunes library on your computer, basically so the library is in sync with what you have on your iPhone.

I'll make a short video (if I can) to show how to do this slight_smile

Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to transfer purchases and backup iPhone:

Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, I went to the apple store this morning as Usual they provide 110% great service changed my phone over was in n out within less then 5 mins... The back up I did doesn't seem to be working only thing I don't seem to have lost is my photos and contacts... All my apps have gone.
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having exactly the same problem, screen on phone displays a message saying "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iphone". Yet it is the same charger lead that came supplied in the box from o2.

Can't put photos onto computer either.

Irritating.

Message 18 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123126 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Why don't you give Apple a call @Anonymous

If the charger was in the iPhone box (and was unopened) there is no reason it should be saying that?

http://www.apple.com/uk/contact/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
If you are sure that you haven't mixed up the cables with someone else then you shouldn't be getting that error.
It's easy to mix them up though as the copies usually look identical.
Strangely I have an Anker cable which works better than a genuine Apple one on an iPad mini.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 23