Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 feels too hot to touch

Wendy-12_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have just upgraded to iPhone 12 it has been getting really hot I’ve already sent one back has anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

GreenBadger
Level 4: Observant
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

It could just be indexing if the phone is new as iOS will build up a search index for any data or apps on the phone. This should clear after a few days once the indexing is done

Incidentally Apple only recommend closing apps if they are unresponsive as iOS will manage background apps itself

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201330

Message 3 of 4

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I just wanted to support what both said above. When you get a new iPhone the power consumption in the first week or so it massive as it indexes the phone, downloads new apps, data, photos based on teh setting from backup. This shouldn’t last too long but excessive use will make the phone hot! 

To help speed this process up connect to a good Wi-Fi and plug the phone in. While it’s on Power it will work harder as it doesn’t need to try and save power. 

Like i said though, this shouldn’t more than a week at most! Unless you have 8 million photos all set to download! 

Also, check the battery option in settings to see what’s using the power. Having the phone display on 100% and constantly on will make it hot. With the sun at the moment autobrightness will be going mad! I find this when i put my phone in my pocket and forget to turn the screen off, starts to give off heat! 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 4 of 4