Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad and messaging

Insider331
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am wondering if there is a way to send messages on iPad? I get 100 messages with my tariff but it is literally just an iPad with no phone attached to it.

I did a little research and can't seem to figure this out. Any ideas? My iMessage works fine but thats with an email address and I cannot find a way to change this to use the number o2 provided for me. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Insider331 I believe that using iMessage is the only way on an iPad.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Insider331 

No way, sorry.

iPads can't send texts.

The 100 free texts come with all data sims so not specifically targetted to iPads.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Insider331
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought so to be honest. Trying to change my email and can't accept my OTAC as the iPad won't receive the message. Frustrating. 

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Insider331 Hi, the only way to send and recieve text messages on a device like an ipad is to purchase a 4G/5G Router, put the SIM in the router, connect to the router via WiFi, you can then send and recieve text msg by logging into the router via a web browser on the ipad.

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
...or stick the sim in a phone for 10 minutes @Insider331, receive the code and put it back in the iPad

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

Insider331
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is actually not a terrible idea. Tried it and works a charm. Didn't realise my phone is a dual sim also, so can use this in the long run.

Cheers

Message 8 of 8