cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 is available for download

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to let you know iOS 9 is available for download.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using the Public Beta for a few months, and noticed some improvements. 

Maps appears to be much better, and has more up to date Traffic Info and the ability to divert around Road Closures and slightly better than Google.

Easier to scroll through Open Apps and Close them by Double Tapping Home Button.

Slide Home Screen to Right for Recent Contacts and Apps.

And important for some, the addition of some extra Emojis! 🖖🤘

And please do not be offended 🖕

Message 21 of 28

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know your thoughts after having a thorough test of the update guys slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I think the Emojis are only on 9.1?
Message 23 of 28

stephenward
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ufortunately the news app is not yet available in the UK. 

Eerything else is pretty good. Split screen and slide over work great on the ipad. Notes.app is actually a useful app now, so no need for 3rd party apps.

Task switcher feels a lot different and will take time to get used to it, but works well.

A lot of improvements to Siri as well, and a lot of changes under the hood as well as to icloud.

Message 24 of 28

stephenward
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Downloaded fine for me in around 8 mins on bith iphone & ipad at the same time. That was 6.30pm-ish i think. 

No watch update yet thuough.

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Battery life on the iPad is rubbish, you hardly use it for 5-10 minutes & it sucks up battery 

Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Battery life on the iPad is rubbish, you hardly use it for 5-10 minutes & it sucks up battery 

Finding the opposite on my iPhone, battery is noticable better than on 8.4.1.

Message 27 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stephenward wrote:

Ufortunately the news app is not yet available in the UK. 

Eerything else is pretty good. Split screen and slide over work great on the ipad. Notes.app is actually a useful app now, so no need for 3rd party apps.

Task switcher feels a lot different and will take time to get used to it, but works well.

A lot of improvements to Siri as well, and a lot of changes under the hood as well as to icloud.

Yeah liking the update. Getting better battery life than on 8.4.1 (although I never had poor battery life on 8.4.1, just saying its better with iOS 9). Liking the new system wide font change that Apple have chosen for iOS 9, I believe this font is going to be used too in the new version of Mac OS (El Capitan).

Finding Siri to be a lot better, more reliable. Also like the new Search and Siri suggestions which is accessed by swiping from the left of the screen.

Lots of nice touches and additions to the Notes app (I've made a video guide showing this, which I'll add on to the Community forum very shortly). I don't think I'll need a third party Notes app now.

One feature that I do like the sound of (but unfortunately it won't work with my current iPad) is the split app view. I'll have to wait till I get the iPad Pro (although it will work with the iPad Air 2) to try this and also to make a video guide demonstrating it.

I'll also be making more video guides in due course and I'll add them on to the Community forum when I've made them slight_smile

Message 28 of 28