cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 is available for download

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to let you know iOS 9 is available for download.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
So, whats new.....?

http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/whats-new/

You can do those already on android mostly 

Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

doesn't let you download the update, big mistake Apple, glad I have a Samsung Galaxy 

Servers will be getting hammered, its usual whenever theres a new version of iOS released due to the large number of people trying to download.

Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

doesn't let you download the update, big mistake Apple, glad I have a Samsung Galaxy 

Servers will be getting hammered, its usual whenever theres a new version of iOS released due to the large number of people trying to download.

I know, I have previously experienced it but I was just saying that even Android updates when they are rolled out are painless unlike iOS 

Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know, I have previously experienced it but I was just saying that even Android updates when they are rolled out are painless unlike iOS 

Can't comment on Android, but I've never found iOS updates to be a pain, especially now they can be done over the air. 

Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't comment on Android, but I've never found iOS updates to be a pain, especially now they can be done over the air. 

They've been able to that for a few years now but people had trouble with it last year because of the large file

Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Redesigned notes app, a news app,

for the iPad you get Slide over you can use another app while inside an already open one. Split view, picture In picture viewing videos while doing something in another app. Then just small improvements to everything else

There's also been a bit of under the hood power efficiency done. But apart from that its mainly about stability and small improvements.

Message 16 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I wonder how Samsung will feel about them copying S Note...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I wonder how Samsung will feel about them copying S Note...?

Exactly 

Message 18 of 28

adeuk5
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My iPhone and iPad picked up the update without any problems

Haven't seen too many differences yet other than:

1. New keypad seems better to use....but don't know why as I can't compare it to the old one 😞

2. The finger cursor control is fantastic and long overdue. Hold two fingers on the keypad and after a second, you can move the cursor and select text by moving your fingers, like a touch pad

3. Split screen/ picture in picture is good on the iPad Air 2, but is probably aimed more at the new iPad pro and it's bigger screen

4. They rave about battery improvements but I'm not surprised. When the units reboot after installing the update, they set the backlight very ( too ) low.  If you keep it like that of course you'll save battery slight_smile

Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing great then

Message 20 of 28