cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can anyone help, my iphone is faulty so sending it back to apple so currntly using a  samsung galaxy phone - but some of my friends with iPhones messages aren't coming through - turned my faulty phone on and they are still going to the iPhone as an iMessage without my SIM card being in -any ideas on how I can change it?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As I mentioned above - you won't get imessages on the Samsung and don't restore your old iphone, you need to chose the option to set up as new.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I believe imessages are sent through your apple id so if you remove it from your phone they will stop. You won't get them on your Samsung though as they only go iphone to iphone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know how I remove it from my phone?

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The way I would do it (as you are returning your phone anyway) would be to connect to itunes and back up the phone then reset the phone as new. This will delete everything from it.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

well to make it more complicated they are probably just going to replace my phone as its the screen that's broke and I've already done a restore on the phone to try if that fixed it & still not getting my friends messages!! I will have to try and turn it on sand find somewhere to remove my apply ID off it - if I can see where to find it!!

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As I mentioned above - you won't get imessages on the Samsung and don't restore your old iphone, you need to chose the option to set up as new.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Surely you could just turn iMessage off on the iPhone. Then it will force iMessages to SMS format to the Samsung?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Glad you've arrive mate. I think this was the blind leading the blind wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you go into your imessage settings, you will have the option to deactivate which addresses you dont want as an imessage address, delete them then turn imessage off

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I can't get I messages on my Samsung!! all of my friends with an iPhone except for one, normal text messages are coming to Samsung but for some reason one friends still being sent to iPhone! & if I could use my screen I would go in and change it to text message!! so thanks, but back to the drawing board for me!

Message 10 of 13