cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

don't buy an iPhone from o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just had a problem with an iphone 6 which apple confirmed as a hardware issue and which although over 1 year old would be covered by apple and replaced. 

However because my consumer contract is with o2 they limit their warranty to 1 year and will not exchange a £600 phone, which has not been misused and has been confirmed independently by an authorised apple store to be defective. 

So my advice to O2 customers is to buy your phone from Apple and let them look after you. They have been exemplary in terms of service, employing intelligent well trained staff. O2 on the other hand have been nauseatingly spivvy and unprofessional. To be honest I struggled to be able to understand what they were even saying. It is quite something to run a phone company and then to fail so miserably with the basics of telecommunication. 

It took me over 1 hour just to get my pac codes to leave. It took me less time to buy a new car. 

Anyway, this is just a heads up for those wanting to invest in an iphone, buy it from Apple and take out a separate airtime agreement with O2. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Certainly required a lot of perseverance....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 21