cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i switch sim between iphone 6s plus (current phone) and moto g7 plus (new phone)?

jl45
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

can i switch sim between iphone 6s plus (current phone) and moto g7 plus (new phone)?

Im planning on getting the motorola and want to keep both phones, one as a back up and to use on nights out etc

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jl45 as long as it's the same size, yes you can, but the data settings are different, so you'll need to use the apn "mobile.o2.co.uk" on the iPhone and switch your data type to standard data by calling customer service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jl45 as long as it's the same size, yes you can, but the data settings are different, so you'll need to use the apn "mobile.o2.co.uk" on the iPhone and switch your data type to standard data by calling customer service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will have to adjust your apn's if you are going to switch between phones and possibly contact customer service each time to amend your data bolt on. If you plan on getting another network for the iPhone or passing to a family member them make sure the phone is unlocked.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@jonsie, iPhone will run on standard data with the apn I gave above. VVM won't work on that though.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 9

jl45
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks @MI5 , what is vvm?

Message 6 of 9

jl45
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

which features wont be available? @jonsie 

Message 7 of 9

jl45
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks @MI5 , th apn has a user name and password, where do i get this from? i can see on iphone it is set to idata.o2.co.uk and u/n is vertigo but i cant see the password

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jl45 

vvm is visual voicemail, but normal voicemail will work. That's about it really, most other stuff will work fine.
You just need to change "idata.o2.co.uk" to "mobile.o2.co.uk" and leave the password the same.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9