cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else on an O2 business account been told that the new calls over wifi feature which is avaible for my iPhone 6s doesn't work on a business account?

I checked direct with O2 who said it does but our supplier Highnet says it doesn't.

Seems crazy that I have to go through all this just to be able to use my phone.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

This suggests you should be able to enable it on a business account:

Using Wifi and 4G Calling

Wifi and 4G Calling won’t work with some of our other services including TU Go (or O2 Just Call Me, Mobex or Mobile Recording for business customers). You’ll need to remove them to use Wifi and 4G Calling. Don’t worry though, if you change your mind later you can always switch back through My O2 or your Business Advisor.

Taken from here: http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe @Martin-O2 can enquire for you. There aren't that many members on a business account with a 6s though someone may answer definitively. 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

This suggests you should be able to enable it on a business account:

Using Wifi and 4G Calling

Wifi and 4G Calling won’t work with some of our other services including TU Go (or O2 Just Call Me, Mobex or Mobile Recording for business customers). You’ll need to remove them to use Wifi and 4G Calling. Don’t worry though, if you change your mind later you can always switch back through My O2 or your Business Advisor.

Taken from here: http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I would go on what your supplier is saying, as you are using their own bespoke version of Mobex, to offer you free inter company calls..

Also this gives it away from their own website:
"HighNet’s mobile product is truly unique to the industry, offering businesses the flexibility to freely move between two of the UK’s biggest mobile networks."

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @jonsie 

@Anonymous If you have a iPhone 6s that came directly from O2 then wifi and 4G calling should work. Have you run through the setup process to activate the feature yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5