Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where’s my phone

Libby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My knew phone was meant to arrive Friday it didn’t I contacted o2 this morning they said be here today ??? It’s not and phoned o2 and they can’t find out till tomorrow how can it take 5 days when it was next day delivery!!! It’s my work phone I’m losing work every day
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sorry Libby but I'm guessing your phone is out of stock. As soon as they source the phone you will get a despatch email with a tracking number.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sorry Libby but I'm guessing your phone is out of stock. As soon as they source the phone you will get a despatch email with a tracking number.

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@LibbySorry to hear this...however you should get a dispatch email to say it's on it's way and then you can track it. https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/how-to-track-your-order

This doesn't alter the fact that you expected it today.

If O2 customer services can't help, then you may wish to make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Only O2 can tell you where it is and it's their responsibility to do so.
Keep chasing CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Libby O2's stock reporting is not live, so there's every chance in the world that your phone wasn't even in stock when you ordered it. If you paid for next day delivery, you are entitled to a refund which you will need to speak to customer service about.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Cumbriacalling
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ditto. I ordered a new phone on Sunday 15 July 2018. The order was confirmed online with an option to save the PDF of the order confirmation ... which thankfully I did and it says:

Your order will be

delivered:

Monday 16 Jul between

8am and 10pm

No, it wasn't and no contact has been made.

Online, the 'order success' mentioned that they'd sent or would send an email.

That email hasn't arrived, but marketing stuff has, so clearly the address they have for me is correct.

I wouldn't <expect> delivery on Monday from a Sunday order, but if O2 systems don't know the days of the week, what hope?

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You would have had the phone if it was in stock.
It’s not the day of the week that’s the problem with O2 !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Cumbriacalling
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

In fairness, the phone arrived today (Tues 17th July 2018), by courier as O2 said, and the separate envelope with the SIM card for the new phone also arrived today by Royal Mail. I was a bit worried having read some of these posts – and I still haven't had the email from O2 saying that the phone's been dispatched ... which was what also concerned me. The promised facility to Track your order only works (according to the site) once they send out this email, so as I hadn't had an email, I couldn't track the order either ... so it was all looking a bit odd. I'd only got the saved PDF Order Confirmation and my credit card statement to prove that I'd placed an order at all.

However, now no worries, and I wouldn't quibble about Tues instead of Mon given my location. The O2 chat that I did before placing this order was extremely well handled (thanks, Niraj) and assuming that the replacement SIM allowing me to continue using *my old number also turns up this week – I was advised that this would be about 3 working days and that I should ignore the SIM card that arrives with the new phone, i.e. all helpful advice – all's looking good (well, rectified) on this order.

*For any self-confessed Neanderthals (like me) out there who may come across this thread ...

I had an ancient phone (Tocco Lite, at least 6 years old) using a standard size SIM card ... which most phones these days don't seem to use (they have micro/nano SIM cards). From the chat facility, I found out that O2 could send me a new micro SIM on my old number to use in the new phone. If this is relevant to you: keep your old phone to hand as O2 need the SIM card serial number (the long number on the back of the SIM card inserted in your phone, not your phone number itself) and I was also asked what the balance was. That balance is due to be transferred, so once I've got this replacement SIM card on my old number and I put it into the new phone, I don't need to top up as I'd already got about £12 balance.

Message 8 of 8