Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch contract after ending phone contract

marcostheblack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Folks, This will be a bit long winded but please bear with me...

I have just had an email from o2 stating a price hike which goes above the limit where I can end the contract without penalty. I have a watch 6 on a contract so I will need to take a new phone contract (but cheaper and with a new phone) with o2 to continue to use my watch.

The problem is I will need to port my number to a PAYG sim then to the new o2 contract phone for me to keep my number.

During this time will my watch be in limbo? Will it allow me to pair it to the new phone contract once my number has been re-ported to the new iphone or do o2 automatically cancel the watch contract because it is associated with the old phone contract? I intend to keep paying the watch contract while all of this switching is going on.

Thanks, John.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@marcostheblack 

No need to port to PAYG and back again.

O2 will just migrate your number to the new contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@marcostheblack 

No need to port to PAYG and back again.

O2 will just migrate your number to the new contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

marcostheblack
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the past providers have refused to port between contracts, have they changed this?

Forgot to mention, I will not be buying the new contract direct from o2, much cheaper to get a contract from a third party (mobile phones direct). Maybe that it the difference?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@marcostheblack 

It's not an issue with O2 and doesn't matter if you contract with O2 or a third party.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

marcostheblack
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok, thanks a lot. Saved me a lot of mucking around.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yep, all quite painless.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6