cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have iPhone 4s on o2 pay monthly with iPhone data bolt on.

I am having problems getting VVM to work at all, as soon as I hit the VM button in phone section it immediately dials 901 and I have to access messeages that way.  Reading forums sjows lots of people have similar issues and a number of suggested workarounds to sorting it.  I have tried resetting network settings, resetting all settings all with variouse options of switching Vm on and off and sending text message to 9011 etc..  Last night I did a complete restore and then restored my backup and as experienced by others this did  not solve the problem.

o2 on line chat resulted in me being sent the APN settings for voicemail which was already set up with the same settings anyway so no joy there.  Is restoring the phone as a new phone and setting it all up again the only option left?

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
U could do a search for a local apple approved repair centre.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 11 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you may have to wait for O2's reset to happen as I can't think what else it could be.

You might also want to check out the Apple forum as there are a few different suggestions there for people whose visual voicemail is not working.

Message 12 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks, I will wait overnight. Did just try switching it off by keying 1760 but this time voice said couldn't be switched off, all other times it has said it is now switched off but it never was, normal voicemail kept working so this makes me think that it is an o2 issue and not a phone issue. Normal voicemail does work so may have to just make do with that I suppose.

Message 13 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

Spent more time with on-line chat but still not solved the issue.  I have tried a restore and set up as new phone as well and that doesnt show VVM when selecting the icon on phone screen, it just dials in to voice messaging which is working ok in that way.

May just accept that it is not going to work on my phone and use voice mail the 'old way'.

Message 14 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be worth trying this suggestion I saw on the Apple forum.

1) Turn airplane mode on

2) go to voicemail, choose call voicemail

3) It will ask you for a password twice, enter whatever password you would like for your voicemail (even if you already have a different one setup)

4) Then it will ask to record new greeting or use default.

5) It will ask you to disable airplane mode, pick DISABLE AIRPLANE MODE

The reason why I'm suggesting this is that I had an issue with my iPhone 5 showing the call divert symbol whenever I switched it on, but the problem went away once I went through the whole process of setting up call divert and then turning it off.

Message 15 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It might be worth trying this suggestion I saw on the Apple forum.

1) Turn airplane mode on

2) go to voicemail, choose call voicemail

3) It will ask you for a password twice, enter whatever password you would like for your voicemail (even if you already have a different one setup)

4) Then it will ask to record new greeting or use default.

5) It will ask you to disable airplane mode, pick DISABLE AIRPLANE MODE

The reason why I'm suggesting this is that I had an issue with my iPhone 5 showing the call divert symbol whenever I switched it on, but the problem went away once I went through the whole process of setting up call divert and then turning it off.

Yes, I tried that from work this morning and again when I got home (and on wifi), it only displayed a message that it couldnt call voicemail in airplane mode and to switch it off, so no deal there either I'm afraid.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

PS I dont get a call voicemail icon just the ordinary voicemail icon which immediately dials the voicemail number.  The problem is that no part of the VVM screen displays its as if VVM app does not exist on my phone.

Message 16 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this your first iPhone ? If so, do you know anybody else who has an iPhone and is on O2 or another network that supports video voicemail (I know Voda don't support it) ?

Message 17 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my colleague in work has same phone, is on o2 and has VVM.

Message 18 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Try calling ##002# which will cancel any diverts on the phone and then try it again after a reboot.

Message 19 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Try calling ##002# which will cancel any diverts on the phone and then try it again after a reboot.

Have already tried but not over the past couple of days.  Will try again and reportt back.

Thanks.

Message 20 of 47