cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail Not Working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just changed tariff/phone plan and now my voicemail isn’t working and I just have a red spot over the phone icon. I know for sure I have 2 voicemails but it’s not telling me they’re there. I’ve restarted my phone, dialled 1750 and turned my VM on but still nothing!

Please help
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Call customer service and check you still have idata on your account.
What tariff did you change to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Similar issue on this thread. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Anybody-else-seeing-vvm-issues-iOS-11/td-p/1074236/highlight/true

The fix for most was to turn WiFi off, reboot the phone and VVM started working again.

Another fix is sending a message saying "STATE" to 9011, this will reset the mailbox without losing any messages

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cleoriff
Thanks for your advice, I’ve just tried both of those but still not working.
Thanks for your help
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A few other fixes here @Anonymous One is to turn Airplane mode on...wait for 30 seconds and turn back off again

https://www.imobie.com/support/fix-ios-visual-voicemail-not-working.htm

If none of the above work you may need to give Apple a call. They will have someone who can help. https://support.apple.com/en-gb

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Call customer service and check you still have idata on your account.
What tariff did you change to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I spoke to customer services yesterday who confirmed they’d omitted to add the ‘iPhone bolt on’ to my new tariff. Bolt on added, soft network reset and voila job’s a good un!

Thank you

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Jimroy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the tip re texting STATE to 9011. That worked for me when I lost my VVM after adding an Apple Watch bolt on to my account and/or updated to iOS 13.1 the same day.
Message 8 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Jimroy wrote:
Thanks for the tip re texting STATE to 9011. That worked for me when I lost my VVM after adding an Apple Watch bolt on to my account and/or updated to iOS 13.1 the same day.

Lovely to hear the tip above helped you out too @Jimroy. Thanks for letting us know! thumbsup

Welcome to our community! slight_smile 

Message 9 of 10

oh-no-two
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same issue, They had not transferred the iBolt or iData over as I had bought the phone from Apple and merely changed my account service.

They added it back in and- I had to go to settings/general reset/reset network settings.

The phone switches off and reopens and now all my visual voicemails are back and useable.

Message 10 of 10