Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help Needed! iPhone ESIM Activation Nightmare

Yusen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in a real pickle here and could really use some guidance. I recently bought a new iPhone and decided to transfer my ESIM card from my previous iPhone. Sounds easy, right? Well, it turned into a real headache.

So here's the deal: I tried the usual methods, like use auto-transfer and scanning the QR code, but no dice. My iPhone was having none of it. To make matters worse, when I went to the O2 branch, they successfully deactivated my old iPhone's ESIM, thinking that would solve the issue. Little did I know, I was heading for disaster.

After they deactivated my old phone's ESIM, I thought I was in the clear, but then the unthinkable happened. I couldn't activate my ESIM on my new phone! Both of my phones are now signal-less, and I'm stranded without navigation, unable to receive important verification codes – it's a total nightmare.

I'm reaching out to this community in desperation. Has anyone faced a similar issue, or does anyone have a solution? I'm at my wit's end here, and any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please help me out – I'm seriously panicking! 😓

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149428 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@Yusen 

You can't transfer an esim between phones.

You need a new esim pack from O2 or in your MyO2 if on the new system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11595 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Yusen 

using the esim transfer option doesn't work on lots of networks, as you need to do a sim swap to a new esim.. 

Your only option really is go to an o2 store with photo ID, and get them to enable a new esim pack...  

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 12

Yusen
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for chiming in and offering your advice. I actually went to an O2 store as you suggested and they deactivated my ESIM on the old phone. However, when they tried to activate it on my new phone, it just wouldn't work.

So, I'm still stuck in this signal-less limbo, unable to use my new phone. Do you think there might be any other solutions or workarounds I could try? Your insights are much appreciated! 🙏

Message 4 of 12

Yusen
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for chiming in and offering your advice. I went to an O2 store and they deactivated my ESIM on the old phone. However, when they tried to activate it on my new phone, it just wouldn't work.
Also, In my O2, I found a portal "Replace your sim" which may related to getting a new esim pack, and that page displays:
"Unable to make changes
Because there are some changes underway on your account, you can’t make any changes on this page at the moment."
Do you think there might be any other solutions or workarounds I could try? Your insights are much appreciated! 🙏

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 149428 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

Maybe try customer services and see if they can over ride the change that's preventing you from continuing @Yusen 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 0344 809 0202 from another phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 12

Yusen
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks mate

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 149428 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

Good luck

Message 8 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11595 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Yusen 

Just bare in mind there are bugs in IOS 17 and iPhone 15 to be aware of 

https://9to5mac.com/2023/09/22/iphone-15-setup-apple-logo-update/

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu