cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK slightly complicated... 

1) I had a two year O2 contract that ended last March (so I've paid off the Iphone).

2) I left O2 and switched to Three at the time, where I moved the number and got a new handset. So the Iphone has just been idle. 

3) I have moved to China!

4) I now need to unlock the Iphone so that I can use it with a Chinese sim card...

Is this possible and how?!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Then you need a payandgo sim with £20 credit but you have a big problem. Any usage will not be recognised as you are going through a Chinese network and the IMEI will not register on the O2 systems. 

The phone needed to be unlocked in the UK with either a contract sim or payandgo sim. 

I can't see a solution other than shipping the phone to family in the UK and getting them to unlock via a payandgo sim or if any of them are on contract. 

Maybe your best option is selling on eBay.... 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144809 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Your only chance is to try the form with the IMEI number of the iPhone and the phone number you used it with on O2.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SI...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Then you need a payandgo sim with £20 credit but you have a big problem. Any usage will not be recognised as you are going through a Chinese network and the IMEI will not register on the O2 systems. 

The phone needed to be unlocked in the UK with either a contract sim or payandgo sim. 

I can't see a solution other than shipping the phone to family in the UK and getting them to unlock via a payandgo sim or if any of them are on contract. 

Maybe your best option is selling on eBay.... 

Message 3 of 3